Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Sample Manager............. - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Come on fellas more support is needed...........show the sampler some love!

Huey

Mensajes Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 11:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Huey,
it seems to me that your idea is to gather as many as votes you can. It doesnt work this way. Dev Team has definitely seen this post and all the others in every and each Forum and is aware of the need for better sampler manager. Bumping this thread is not going to make it come sooner.

Mensajes Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 11:24 am
So what your saying is that if everybody who owned a LEGAL COPY OF VDJ wanted a better sampler and stated it in one place it would have no effect?? I won't stop unless this thread gets locked in which I see no reason why it would....besides just look at it like this I'm just stopping people from creating another sample thread, lol!

Show your support
Huey

Mensajes Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 11:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I read your answer twice, and still, i think that you haven't read mine.. lol
Anyway, do as you wish Huey, nobody is going to lock it.. keep bumping those threads and make mod's life harder !

ohh..+1 from me , if that counts. :p

Mensajes Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 12:07 pm
Lmao! Ok, ok point made. This is the last bump, lol!

Good Day
Huey

P.S. Nice new tag ;-p

Mensajes Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 12:24 pm
I don't use the sampler much right now, but I would probably use it more if there was a way to set the BPM of the sample. I don't know about you guys, but I sometimes find that the auto sync on the sampler doesn't work too well. If there was a beat tap for the sampler, or an option to manually type in the bpm of a sample, it would be more useful.

Also, I think the sampler should have better loop control, so you could loop a specific part of a sample, instead of having to loop the whole thing or cutting it down to the 1st half of the current loop of the sample.

Mensajes Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 4:03 pm
+1 Smiley!!

Huey

Mensajes Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 5:20 pm
I vote being able to see and adjust the cbg for the sample cause there's no point having the correct bpm if it doesn't fire at the right time

Mensajes Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 10:48 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The trick to that is to tweak the CBG on the track you're sampling BEFORE you record your sample! ;)

Mensajes Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 5:12 am
djsherz wrote :
The trick to that is to tweak the CBG on the track you're sampling BEFORE you record your sample! ;)

Doesn't work in my experience, it'll eventually speed up or slow down. It doesn't stay in sync..........

Huey

Mensajes Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 11:15 am
I usually get drum loop wav files and drop them in the sampler, even if they are a pronounced 4/4 beat vdj is still unable to sync to the beat, I envisage it as being somewhat like playing abelton clips (if it worked).

Mensajes Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 7:40 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
...."besides just look at it like this I'm just stopping people from creating another sample thread"

yeah but you created this one when there was already others you could have commented on, lol.

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 6:53 pm
Wow, everybodys got LAME jokes this week.............

Unwarranted.......
Huey

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 7:20 pm
1 more thing and I'll be done, I would like to be able to record from the line in source or mic and use it as a sample...............I thought this was already possible but if it is I cant get it to work.

That is all ;-)
Huey

Mensajes Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 9:17 am
never done it before but try using a deck as a line in for the microphone then using the sampler to record the input into a bank, your probably going to have to tap a bpm before you do it though, so it records properly. I think one of dj dads tc mania skins already uses a deck for the mic, I would start there.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 12:07 pm
Didnt work thats why I posted here ;-)
My skin also uses the Mic on a deck so I can add effects although none of Tex's effect will work on it...........

Huey

Mensajes Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 12:09 pm
Huey, just downloaded Sampler Manager.

Dude... Very useful...

I do the same thing with one-shot 808 drums. Newer EDM tracks have long parts with no percussion (or limited percussion) in the middle of the track! Like early 90s Trance. I gotta keep 'em going with a kick, snare or a clap during those bits.

Example: Bassjackers - Mush Mush (Original Mix).
At about 2 minutes it loses energy, so I add a clap every 2nd and 4th beat.

+1

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 1:21 am
djdad wrote :
Huey,
it seems to me that your idea is to gather as many as votes you can. It doesnt work this way. Dev Team has definitely seen this post and all the others in every and each Forum and is aware of the need for better sampler manager. Bumping this thread is not going to make it come sooner.

I have to disagree on your last point ;-)

I know many mods HATE IT when we bump threads, but it does serve a useful purpose.. (as dont think it should be done every single day though LOL)

case in point..
i'm in favor of this idea, but I wouldnt have noticed it if DJ chris hadnt posted in it.. (and "bumped" it back up)

now ME seing this thread doesnt mean it will get done any sooner.. but if enough 'members' do notice it, and are in favour of it, the chances do increase it will get "leveled up" to someone who can make that decision..

just sayin ;-)

oh..
and +1
especially since I just watched a video where I guy made an entirely awesome song from nothing but samples and a few loops..

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 12:42 pm
smiley25245 wrote :
I don't use the sampler much right now, but I would probably use it more if there was a way to set the BPM of the sample. I don't know about you guys, but I sometimes find that the auto sync on the sampler doesn't work too well.

i'm actually thinking the opposite now..
I wanted a better sampler before, but now that we have 99 decks I'm thinking the loops and more "funky stuff" should be done in the decks,
and the Sampler used as more as a one-shot sampler with variable speed, and a large "matrix" of buttons so more then just 12 "shots" are instantly available.
IE: built in drum kit & sound effects..

(hopefully i made sense on that LOL)

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 12:50 pm
Got disagree Hippy, I don't have time to map out buttons or even the extra buttons to map so I can load the deck loop it and all the other jazz. Most drum kits have 16 different sounds so were not that far off. As for the sampler staying in sync, if we had an elastic grid that solves that problem cause the sampler syncs with that. And yeah we have 99 decKs so what all that means to me is that I have to map more crap out in order to use them the way I use the sampler..............just give us 16 sample players, add the elastic grid, add a PFL to the sampler, make it possible to apply effects to the sampler, and make it a drag and drop which would mean the sampler would have to be on top like in my skin, or have it as a separate window. Give us the ability to record a line in source or the Microphone. I could go on but that list is really all I need.

Good Day Gentlemen
Huey

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 3:20 pm
85%