Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Possible "Rewire" support???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Are there any plans for including a "Rewire" capability? So Virtual DJ can be integrated with other software like the ones found in Ableton Live, Acid, Reason and the others? The idea why I'm asking is that whenever I get tired of mixing pre-programmed music and I want to layer additional multiple grooves, I could tweak it with a second controller like 02 or triggerfinger. But possibly be easy to switch back and forth to Live and VDJ for example without any musical "downtime"... or is this a far fetched idea?

Mensajes Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:08 am
Sounds like a really cool idea.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 1:52 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sounds more like a really old idea ;)

But it's good to keep reminding the team about these technologies that should be included.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 2:13 pm
ahem. so itl be full MIDI 2 compatibility your after then. good idea lets ask for that

MIDI compatibility please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! both in and out

Mensajes Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 2:01 am
pera2PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can use fruity loops or Reason with the VDJ, you just need to exactly beatmach tempo in reason, etc and VDJ, and than loop song in VDJ until you, then try to beatmatch the song from reason... with VDJ song...

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 4:46 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
... or a rewire technology gets supported and VOILA: tempo is ALWAYS matched :) For live-acts while Djing, it would save a lot of seconds, perfecting your mix :)

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 3:39 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
And to sync the tempo with wich deck, the left or the right ?
Think about it, i need rewire too, but this is the problem.
Djing isn't to play in a "static" tempo.
You may want to play a 100bpm song after a 130 one. And if you mix with an external mixer wich is the only professional way, how will the program knows wich deck is "on the air" ?
And what if virtual dj detects wrong tempo (very common) messing up your mix...?
Its not that simple..

Mensajes Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 2:38 am
Hello guys. I've suggested this many many years ago and so have others.
The latest Ableton Live 5 now has some DJ remix features. Nothing like VDJ though - you need to plan ahead your set a lot to make it fluid.

> And to sync the tempo with wich deck, the left or the right ?

In general what you need is a master clock. You can change this reference BPM, but your songs and the other Rewire application will be synced to this through midi clock. This clock could be either in VDJ (better I think) or the other app. Then it makes no difference what tempo your left/right deck is since you must sync those to the reference clock.

>Think about it, i need rewire too, but this is the problem.

Live is around $500. And it's very power hungry. Practically you would need a dual core/cpu setup with multiple displays. And preferably some sort of midi controller to control the other app. So all in all not a cheap setup to make this work good. But prices come down - I hope in VDJ 4 we will see Rewire!

> Djing isn't to play in a "static" tempo.

For songs with tempo variations this may indeed be a problem. You could make the loudest deck your reference clock and have Live etc change their tempo to your playing deck. However I think getting this work and sound good without random issues will likely be very hard.

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:30 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)