Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: I have a Question!!!! - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

iloveitHome userMember since 2005
I am interested in purchasing the Hercules DJ consolle.

Can someone please inform me as to the pros and cons of this equipment and the software that goes along with it. I am very interested, so any information that anyone has in regards to the product, either good or bad...please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you so much,

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 12:37 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would suggest to you that the hercules is a great little gem.., when you consider the price vs what it offers, i'm sure you will agree that it's worth it and useful. The jogs work pretty great, like any basic cd player, the pitch slider isn't so good, but you re-asign the "pitch" function to a knob, which I prefer. In short you can cue, pitch, and jog..., until you get that match as you can with any cd player. Also the lights on the console are very attractive and nice in the dark. The two things that could present a problem to you are the "play" button, it can ofen be unreliable, and you can miss the point where you intended to drop the song, to counter this you can either run the risk by giving the button a hard downwards press or useing the "sync" button (just above the play button), this acts as a perfect play button, but obviously syncs the songs automatically, which you may not want?... The secound problem is the "mixing" side of it, the eq (bass, mide, treble) is not good, if for example you cut the bass on one song, that will work fine, but when you restore the bass you can't return it to "0" very easily, or very fast, this is when you'll need the mouse..., also the crossfader is to small and close to the jogs.., hercules is no good as a mixer!. So the solution which many of us have turned to is to combine the hercules with a mixer, so the hercules acts as a "dual cd deck/controller" if you will..., in this situation the hercules is a nice little tool at a very cheap price, however if your not prepared to get yourself a mixer, you wont feel the part with the console.., it's not a complete system, just a part of a set-up. The hercules is perfect for practice, I simply advise you to get a mixer for a better more proffesional feel and ultimately alot more fun. The software you use is ultimately what your controlling, and i've tried them all, I have to say that Virtual DJ is by far the clear winner.

Numerous discussions have taken place on these boards on whether the console "is worth it", and the good verse bad sides, here is a good one you can read:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=10262&page=1&highlight=live

If you intend to use a mixer, you'll also need to purchase the full version of VDJ.

Buy it here: http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

Bagpuss.

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 12:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
the dj console has an integrated sound card.

the quality of this sound card is pretty good.

For the midi controls (all the buttons on top) the problem is that the buttons are in soft plastic. After a while, the buttons won't work anymore. although this problem seems to be corrected with the last consoles.

the hercules dj console comes with Virtualdj console edition and some other programms.

The virtualdj version you will get with it isn't the lasted. The latest version of VDJ is 3.0, the hercules dj console version is 1.09
you can see the differences here: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 12:49 am
you were quicker bagpuss

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 12:50 am
hehe :), I bought my console quite late after it's release, I've had it now for 1 year, the buttons work today as they did the day I bought it.., put it down to good luck or like Lej said, it could of been fixed..

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 12:52 am
hey, i dont no anyone with the console, but i havent ever heard a good thing about it... i hear tons of bad stuff, which makes me think its probably not a very good idea... there are many features the console seems to have, that it actually does not, if u are gonna buy this hardware, u should deffinitly do research, i think, you would be much better off with an xp10 or tcv's

Just sharing my opinions
-Brennan

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 8:49 am
Their have been countless discussions and reviews on the HDJC.., most are actually very positive, a good soundcard with controls at such a low price is what should be considered here, admitedly with several flaws, that take away from it's great proffesional potential, but if you are looking for the ultimate controller, the hercules is not it, neither the xp10, or anything else i've seen, the good thing with the HDJC is that it wont break your bank if you order one, the only great and complete set-up at present is the TCV's, if it's not for you.., you can be patient until the ideal controller is released (if), or make do with a hercules or xp10.

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 12:22 pm
thank you very muche everybody,now i got a better idea of it.
But is the hercules dj consolle the only consolle that it will alloud me to mix with mp3's ?? out of the computer???? or you think that they could be better staff out there????
thank you

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 8:59 am
Their are quite a few out their, but ironically the hercules is one of the better ones, you can see on the products page what's currentely compaitable with VDJ:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

The controllers for the other softwares are mostly the same, a few others that are nothing really special, their is word that their will be another console released by Hercules (I think next year), and one by behringer that appears to be a bit cheap, personally i'm making do with the hercules, and being patient for a better solution (that is equally portable), I sopose I should ask you, what do you intend to do with your controller?, home partys?, practice?, gigs?..

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 9:54 am
Dj console Mk2 is supposed to be due for the end of this year.

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 5:14 pm
hi..

I wounder here I could download music legal??

I have a specific song in mind

Mr. Vegas - Tamale (Dancehall Remix)

please write to me

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 6:25 pm
Your on the wrong site., you need to find a pay for download site for a legal download.

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 6:34 pm
@lej78480 - good to hear of new console, any detailed info, sketches, myths?

Mensajes Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 3:29 pm
thans bagpus, for your help, I intended using the consolle for small parties with friends, i just mix songs toghether i'm not interested doing my own songs,
do you think i should buy it now or wait untill a newer version will come out???

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 3:17 am
My friend, alot of us have been waiting patientely for a new controller, and the wait is coming to an end, quite a few controllers are due for soon release, and Hercules mk2 is one of them, it will be soon, so i'd wait! :).

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 4:18 am
Do we now something about the hercules dj console??? do you you have some links that can show me the product???? and when it will came out????

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 9:14 am
All the details about the new console are being kept hush hush, but I think we can expect a higher price tag (I'd guess £300), their are no pictures avaliable either, and it's release is soposed to be soon..

Just wait and see ;).

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 12:59 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bagpuss, When you say soon, can you be more specific? I am torn at a crossroads between several controlers to replace my aging HDJC at this point and need some encouragement to hold out for a new option :)

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 4:11 pm
4 months at the latest, but expected before, their are only few in the know.., and they are soposed to be revealing the information/news soon.., we don't know exactly what the thing is.., luckily their are several new controller releases, and some look promising.., so their is bound to be a suitable solution for everyone sometime soon :).

As the console is named Hercules DJC MK2, I expect it is a simular thing but with the corrections in design that were suggested by sooo many users.., I hope that is the case.

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 7:54 pm
I happened to see a picture of the djc mk2 and there is one more round button near the headphone output in the front.

Mensajes Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 12:04 am
83%