Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: VDJ MIDI Controll Definer - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!

I'm C.Hackl a Developer of Mainstream Audio VST. In the past I programmed a lot VST plugins but since I'm working I don't find time to program VST. BUT tools like this are no problem.. because i've to use a little my licence of SynthMaker too.

This is a little tool that makes it very easy to define a MIDI controller XML.

Functions:
* Find out your SysEx ID automaticaly
* Move a Slider or Button on Controler and set up the settings of it. This tool calculates automatic the XML line for the Element
* Export the finished Device and Mapper XML (Mapper XML is blank. This is to config in VDJ)

Supported are:
* Buttons
* Sliders
* Encoders
* Jogweels
* LEDs
* Bars
since now Text and multible LED Bars have to be setup manually in the XML file.

Up to now, most controllers have LEDs in the same Button, so the Tool is able to setup Button + LED and Slider + Bar in the same step.

Manual:
I've tried to built the tool very locical so that eaven Beginners are able to use it. But here are the steps that have to be done:
* Conect your MIDI controller
* Lunch the Tool
* Select the MIDI device in & out
* Klick Request SysEx ID - If the device doesn't answer you are able to set it up by the Drivername of the device
* Type your devicename in BIG_LETTERS!!!!
* select the amount of decks

* Now push a button on the controller that you want to map
* Enter what kind of Element it is, give it a name in BIG_LETTERS and select the deck. If you map a Jog or Encoder the Box "NOTHING !!!" chandes to full for Jogs and Zero vor encoders
* To test if you button has a LED set up the Output Test. Therefor you have to know the DATA1 (in most cases the same Data as the Button). To find out, bress the button and whatch the note= element at the MIDI monitor and enter this value into the left textbox at output test.
* Set up the Chanel (Get it from midi monitor ch=)
* Move the slider from left to right and back and watch the Button on your controller
If you've done the settings klick on [+] add to list. If you want to delete a line or to get an overview of your lines klick on the XML manager.
* Now save your XMLs and VDJ is ready to open your controller to set up the actions!

I hope the tool is already online because it sais to me Pending review and it's my first tool. Here the link:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12994/VDJ_MIDI_Controll_Definer.html

C.Hackl

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 9:22 am
This is just what a beginner like myself has been looking for. Got a Korg NanoKontrol I've been wanting to map.

Can't wait to try this out
Huey

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 11:36 am
Hope you'll get it. Please tell me if you find bugs.

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 1:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Seems like a great Tool ! Thank you Chackl

The tool is not available for downloading at the moment, but i hope it won't take long to get approved.

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 9:24 pm
Ok... sorry but i uploaded it last wednesday the first time.... i think that takes a longe time to have a preview to the tool... it's not as big...

Today i'll correct another bug i've found yesterday. Ans some options like an automatic counter i'll add to.

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 12:16 am
Thank you.
We will test it as soon as possible.

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 2:30 pm

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 9:17 pm
djdtimePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you for this little program, for the past two weeks i had been going crazy trying to map TOUCHOSC.

When I save Mapper XML, I go back and see the file, the file is empty but the first line. Does anyone have any idea why the program is not saving the Map.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><device name="IPAD" author="Mapper by C.Hackl" type="MIDI" decks="2" sysexid="F07E7F0601F7">
<button cc="0x09" channel="0" name="PLAY" deck="1" />
<button cc="0x0A" channel="0" name="PLAY" deck="2" />
</device>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="IPAD" author="DJDTIME" description="IPAD" version="703" date="12/04/2011">
</mapper>

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 10:58 pm
Oh i see... there is a misstake with a new line comand in the string. I'll correct it!

Also i've seen that if you setup a led or a bar, the tool takes the wrong value ups... and also the LED_ in front of the name is missing. Tonight i'll update to the next version.

any other bugs found jet?

EDIT:

The mapper file is empty yes. The whole setup of the VDJ Script is done in Virtual DJ. So you import the mapp in the mapper in VDJ. Later on, the tool will be able to load the actual mapper to default action in the device XML.

Note:
This is a tool to create the Cevice XML not the Mapping with VDJ script!!!

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 2:17 am
Updated to 0.4b

0.4b - Bugfix + adds
* Fixed error with the new line in the XML
* LEDs & Bars get now the values from the Outputtest sector not from incoming MIDI Data
* Better Display in the XML Manager to manage the lines in a better way
* Added automatic Counter to the Name. Use this to count outomaticaly your elements. If incoming data changes it counts one up an adds it with "NAME_1" to the XML
* MIDI and SysEx Counter in the MIDI Monitor

Link
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12994/VDJ_MIDI_Controll_Definer.html

Now i've realy earned myselve a Whiskey-Bull ^^

Cheers!

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 1:27 pm
Next Version will come up with a listbox... i'm getting complet crazy with the selector in bigger mappings. Also i'll try to open XMLs that were created by the tool... or something like to display all lines and those that you can't edit to schow up as uneditable.
I've to go to bed now.... verry tired... i've allready programmed nearly 6 hours now... Tomorrow the sun will rise another day so i'll try to give a big fet update tomorrow.

Good night, C.Hackl

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 4:12 pm

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 1:33 pm
djdtimePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you C.Hackl for the hard work you had put into this program. Since version 04 I had been having a problem with mapping the keys,I use MIDI YOKI and PURE DATE, what happens is, when I map few keys I get this message from PURE DATA, "MIDI feedback detected, disabling port I", and after that I have to restart everything.Do you have any idea of why this might be happening ?, this started after 04.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 6:37 pm
maybe you send to much information over midi.... But Yoke has 3 different dedections and i think you are able to tun this dedektion of... just look at the advanced install of midi yoke on it's webside... there is somethin with an reg file to be able to set it up...

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 11:54 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 1:38 pm
Very usefull tool...Thanks "C" !

Mensajes Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 4:27 am
No sorry. Synthmaker allowes only EXE eport for windows.... We allready aksed for MAC support in the Forum of Synthmaker.... but nothing is done jet sorry.

BUT: I know that there is a wrapper for mac to be able to load Windows DLL VSTis. Don't know if it's working, but i'll release a DLL VST plugin in the category "Sorces". Maby you get it working. Please tell me, because if that is possible, i'll release an DLL with a documentation for mac users.

BTW this is the link, i cant test it... im only a Windows user.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249887

Mensajes Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 7:43 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Chackl wrote :
No sorry. Synthmaker allowes only EXE eport for windows.... We allready aksed for MAC support in the Forum of Synthmaker.... but nothing is done jet sorry.

BUT: I know that there is a wrapper for mac to be able to load Windows DLL VSTis. Don't know if it's working, but i'll release a DLL VST plugin in the category "Sorces". Maby you get it working. Please tell me, because if that is possible, i'll release an DLL with a documentation for mac users.

BTW this is the link, i cant test it... im only a Windows user.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249887

In the link you' ve provided for the plug-in is no longer there. Can you tell me the name of the Mac Plug-in in order for me to try to find It?

Mensajes Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 7:45 pm
it's called jVSTwRapper

Mensajes Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 2:09 am
Chackl,
Do you think your Controll Definer will be able to identify and define Novation Twitch's "Touchstrip"?

Thanks.

Mensajes Sat 14 May 11 @ 6:33 am
49%