Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: PFL mapping

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I got vdj bundled with Hercules Dj control mp3 e2 and was wondering if there is a way to map the pfl so i can monitor 2+ decks at the same time.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 12:02 pm
To be able to pre-listen to music using headphones, you will either need two sound cards or a sound card with multiple outputs, such as a 5.1 surround sound card or preferably a dedicated DJ sound card (E.g: Numark DJIO or Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ.)

With a laptop, you can add a basic stereo USB sound card that will provide you with the additional output that you need.

Alternatively, you can use a single sound card and the mono split option in VirtualDJ's sound setup, however this will only give you MONO sound (Not recommended for live performance.) You will need a Y-splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono

Once you have suitable sound card(s), you will then need to go into CONFIG -> Sound Settings and choose Outputs: Headphones and select the appropriate sound card(s).

To choose which deck to pre-listen to, press the TAB key or click PFL button on the skin. Use the crossfader and/or volume sliders to control which deck is output live over the master outputs.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 12:45 pm
thanks but i know all that all i want to be able to do is listen to the playing track and que track at same time through pfl like you can on real mixers. I find using 2 cards has a little lag on the pfl channel and when i try to use ASIO4 All to correct the lag it says "Not Enough Channels"
and will only activate 1 card at a time. I have also tried to use the beat markers on screen but even when perfectly matched they arnt in real time.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 12:58 pm
To get rid of the "lag" you will need a true multi-channel soundcard that has at least 4 outputs (2 stereo outputs) like NI Audio2Dj
Then you will run BOTH Master and PFL from that soundcard (1 at each stereo channel)

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 3:13 am
seriously its a simple question that doesnt need me to replace soundcards.

Is there a way to map VDJ so i can hear BOTH PFL tracks through my headphones at the same time.

Almost every real mixer on the market gives you the ability to listen to BOTH pfl channels at the same time through the headphones or they have mix knob/slider to leat you hear both tracks at the same time before you actuly mix.

Hell you can listen to both pfl channels at the same time on traktor and it also has a mix button to blend the monitor channel before mixing.

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 10:13 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No there isn't. The PFL deck is also known as the active deck. Some of the mapping for Virtual DJ is dependent on which deck is the "active" deck. If you want to listen to both decks at the same time, then you will need to do what has already been said: Get a soundcard that will allow you to route the output of each deck to it's own channel on an external mixer.

Why would you want to hear both decks in preview anyway? There is an option in the mixer to control the mix that is sent to the headphone. You can blend that from hearing just the PFL deck to just hearing the master out. Find a spot somewhere in that mixer that works for you...

EDIT: You would need a different skin from the default. Not sure how you go about that since you have a console version. I know if you had a pro license, you could get a skin that has the fader on there. For the time being, read the skin developers wiki on how to program the keyboard to do this. Several of the user skins have faders that control the headphone mix from PFL to master.

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 2:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Actually you can, but again you will need the Pro Full version for this, as the Limited Edition does not allow custom mappings

You may assign keyboard or midi buttons to activate the PFL on each deck.
deck 1 pfl will send deck 1 to your headphones
deck 2 pfl will send deck 2 to your headphones.

and just like any normal mixer you are able to activate both pfls and have both decks to your headphones.

In order to test the above you can use the Free Home version which will run with your controller for 10 minutes.

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 9:13 pm
thanx!

As for why
I do a bar/club night once a month where the sound system is supplied but not the decks or mixer. The Dj booth is an alcove almost like a room of its own so i get crap sound from the speakers and even worse sound when the monitor speaker is connected (sounds like double beats even when only one song is playing) so i use the double pfl/headphone mix to check the mix before using any faders.

At present i use 1210s and a standard numark mixer and want to switch to digatel so i dont have so much shit to lug about.
Tbh if the VDJ onboard mixer lacks something so basic as dual working pfl channels or a headphone mix Knob maybe this software isnt for me as the whole point of buying the pro version is to do away with the real mixer and swap it for a controller a quarter of its size and weight

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 9:27 pm
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
In all honesty, why don't you just invest the $300 in the pro version? Actually, if you have the console version, you do get a discount on upgrading to pro. It's so much easier to get the job done when you have the right tools.

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 10:01 pm
You may assign keyboard or midi buttons to activate the PFL on each deck.
deck 2 pfl will send deck 2 to your headphones
I tired this but it didnt work
Can you explain more clearly please

Mensajes Tue 28 May 13 @ 5:39 pm
deck 2 pfl will send deck 2 to your headphones

My Soundkart is ESI UDJ 6 USB Audio Interface
Chanel 1+2 direkt to Headphone(not DJ Mixer)
Chanel 3+4 Deck 1 to DJ Mixer
Chanel 5+6 Deck 2 to DJ Mixer

I will pfl for Deck 1, Deck 2 & Prelisting over Virtual DJ Sofware
not over my DJ Mixer.

I tired this too, but it didnt work
Can you explain more clearly please?

Mensajes Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 6:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)