Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: load problems, but why?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I also have a ticket in on this, but wanted to post to see if anyone else is having this issue in 7.04, and if so, how did you resolve it? So far, I've defragged, and set a custom page file, instead of letting the computer automatically make one for me.

Mensajes Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 8:42 pm
Does your laptop have an ATI or AMD video card?

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 11:22 am
It has a 1GB ATI video card.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 12:55 pm

Mensajes Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 12:19 pm
Hippydog:

I appreciate you linking me to the other thread. At least my problem is adequately shown to be experienced by other users, and some direction in troubleshooting has been given. I'll try seeing what I can find at ATI.

Thank you.

Mensajes Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 5:11 pm
I am having the same problem on a brand new machine. Installed latest VDJ available (7.0.4) and once I started testing video mixing got the error message. Installed the latest drivers from hp.com and the issue became more manegeable. I mean, memory usage is still very high, close to 4GB (out of the 8GB available). Since I have a Win7 64b system, VDJ will only be able to see 4GB. I am able to play videos and when I load a new video memory usage lowers to about 2GB as tracked in the task manager. Still way too high but at least manageable.

Mensajes Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 12:56 pm
This is a problem with your video drivers incorrectly reporting more memory than what is actually available in the card, so VirtualDJ tries to use it all, resulting in your system running out of memory. This is a common problem with ATI cards.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html :

• Due to faulty drivers, some video cards can cause video problems on some new computers. This is normally caused by the drivers incorrectly reporting more memory than what is actually physically available in the card. If you are experiencing problems with your computer running out of memory or freezing when playing video, try installing the latest version of the drivers for your video card. These can normally be obtained from the support/driver download area of your computer manufacturer's website.

If this does not resolve the problem, then you can use the Registry Tool ( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html ) to adjust the maximum video memory that VirtualDJ can use (VideoMemMaxUse) to a more suitable setting, e.g: 128

Mensajes Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 5:25 am
Will check this and update on results. Thanks for the prompt response.

Mensajes Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 9:04 am
Latest video drivers installed - problem persisted
Changed MaxVideoMemoryUse from 0 to 128 - problem persisted
Changed MaxVideoMemoryUse from 128 to 256 - problem persisted

When a new video is loaded, most of the time, RAM usage lowers instantly but would then start to increase slowly. If RAM usage gets above 4.5GB the error message will appear when trying to load a new video to the unused side.

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 8:56 am
The manufacturer of your computer may not have released a fix for this problem yet.

You could also try installing an OLDER driver (If available) - I.e: One before this bug was introduced.

The reason why the memory goes down again when loading a new song is because VirtualDJ releases all memory that it was utilising. Because the video card driver incorrectly tells VirtualDJ that it has more memory than it actually really does, VIrtualDJ will utilise it to increase video performance for scratching, jumping to cue points, etc. The memory usage will go up as the video is played and cached into RAM.

NOTE: You must close and open VirtualDJ again for the above settings to take effect.

Another workaround is to edit the XML of the skin that you are using and increase the number of decks (nbdecks="") This will divide the available video memory reported to VIrtualDJ by the number of decks specified, so if 4.5Gb RAM is reported (I.e: 4Gb system + 512Mb actually on board the video card) and you specify nbdecks="45" this should cause VirtualDJ to not use more than 102Mb per deck (The additional decks will have no songs loaded on them, so will not use their share of the memory.)

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 12:09 pm
What editor can I use to modify the XML file?

Mensajes Thu 11 Aug 11 @ 7:31 am
You can use any text editor such as Notepad.

Add/change nbdecks="number" in the <skin ... > line, e.g:

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 7 - 4 Full Decks" version="7" width="1280" height="800" nbdecks="40">

(Make a backup copy of the skin first just in case you make a mistake.)

Mensajes Thu 11 Aug 11 @ 9:52 am
No change on performace with the number of decks as 45.

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 12:51 pm
henryaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok I have an Asus G73J laptop that I bought 2 years ago suffering from the ATI leak, my card is an ATI HD Radeon 5870 1GB DDR5, My solution were in 2 steps:

1- I had been updating the Catalyst and Video drivers in order to play new PC games such as Arkham Asylum.
I went back to the original Catalyst and video driver that are on the asus website when it was first released

2- you have to have an original version of VDJ and be registered in order to download the Registry Tool and tweak the registry settings.
If you are, start by putting 128 on the videomemmaxuse on the video section of the registry tool, then work your self up to 232 and
finally i stopped at 512 before the video would either get stuck or choppy again.

this worked for me after 4 months of research and coming up with my own solution from different threads.

yesterday i helped my friend with his new laptop with the same issue. he has an ATI HD Radeon 6840, 1GB DDR3, I tweaked the videomemmaxuse to 128, and it worked fine, any increase in that would result in videos getting stuck or choppy.

basically every ATI card works differently you just need to play with the tweak settings in order to get it to work with all Video types (avi,vob,mp4,wmv,mkv etc...)

P.S. DO NOT CHECK THE VIDEOUSEALLMEMORY CHECK BOX

Mensajes Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 9:47 am
spumilHome userMember since 2011
I'm having the memory leak issue with a hp dv6 i purchased yesterday and am trying to correct. i'm not very familiar with how catalyst works but i dont seem to see it on the computer. the closest thing i can find is catalyst install manager. i tried to install catalyst from ati.com but said it was incompatible with my machine. can i just install older Radeon display drivers? if so, where can i find older versions?

Thanks in advance

Mensajes Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 11:36 am

Mensajes Thu 06 Dec 12 @ 10:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)