Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Cue 1 & CUE button...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

IMHO, the CUE button should set up a cue point every time it's pressed if the track is paused.

But never name that point in the track, for example "CUE 1". The CUE button should never make a "HOT_CUE" either.

The CUE button should never start/cue from CUE 1 or CUE 2 or CUE 56 or any hot cues.

Deleting a hot cue won't delete where the CUE button jumps back to.

This is how it works in MIXXX. And IMHO, this seems very logical.

The CUE button is a CUE button and Hot Cues are Hot Cues, period. They don't affect each other.

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 3:24 am
depending on your controller one of these will do that... You are never going to get it to work not using up one of the hot cues for a work around, but you do have 99 of them, and if you are using all of them you are using way too many cues.. with the craziest mapping I could think of I used 46 and 4 for each track as a standard so 50 in total. I even made the name change so you wouldn't know its a hot cue it is just called "cue"

The way it works is as described, If the track is paused it will set "cue". if playing it will go back to the "cue", but if you have not set "cue" it will go to the last cue used

dual deck controller
pause ? set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "cue" : cue 86 ? goto_cue 86 : goto_cue

single deck controller eg. mpd, apc, kontrol X1 etc...
deck # pause ? deck # set_cue 86 & deck # cue_name 86 "cue" : deck # cue 86 ? deck # goto_cue 86 : deck # goto_cue

If you want it to work like a pioneer cdj and stop the track at the "cue" use this
pause ? set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "cue" : cue 86 ? pause & goto_cue 86 : pause & goto_cue

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 4:35 am
Damn, this one is almost perfect.

synthet1c wrote :
If you want it to work like a pioneer cdj and stop the track at the "cue" use this
pause ? set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "cue" : cue 86 ? pause & goto_cue 86 : pause & goto_cue

If the CUE button would play while being held down, that would be absolutely perfect.

This is what I use now: play ? cue_stop : hot_cue ? cue_stop ? cue_stop : pause_stop : cue_stop

I only wish it didn't name the cue point. That's the only problem.

Thanks synthet1c, I think we can come up with something.

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 7:48 am
Hey chris, sorry I can't try this out for you, vdj has been playing up on my desktop since I upgraded, now I can't open it grrrr...
anyway this should hopefully work. But I was going to see if you can name the cue nothing, but can't try so change it to nothing or full stop or something to make it less noticeable (I called it djchris), you can also change the cue number if you want, I was just thinking of the immortal Maxwell Smart agent 86, well that and because 69 has been taken by Tex LOL

pause ? set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "djchris" & cue_play : cue 86 ? goto_cue 86 & cue_play : goto_cue & cue_play

the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is

pause ? set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "djchris" & cue_play : cue 86 ? pause & goto_cue 86 & cue_play : pause & goto_cue & cue_play

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 8:06 am
synthet1c,
This one worked great:

pause ? set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "" & cue_play : cue 86 ? goto_cue 86 & cue_play : goto_cue & cue_play

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 6:09 am
Glad to help mate

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 6:46 am
Haha couldn't leave well enough alone, this is perfect... The only change is that when the track is paused and you press the cue button it wont play the track at the same time as setting the cue, So the first press resets the cue, any further presses play from the cue point, and as normal if you hold the button for two seconds the track will continue playing.

pause ? cue 86 ? cue_play : set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "" : cue 86 ? goto_cue 86 & cue_play : goto_cue & cue_play

Now it's finished LOL

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 8:41 am
lio256Home userMember since 2011
Just got pointed to this topic for the wrong reason and what a great way to improve the cue! Thank you! I'd make one small alteration though as holding the button won't work to continue playback after two seconds and results in stuttering when holding down the key. Fixed by removing the last goto_cue. Thanks again!

pause ? cue 86 ? cue_play : set_cue 86 & cue_name 86 "" : cue 86 ? goto_cue 86 & cue_play : cue_play

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 9:42 pm
Hi can you help me how i can make my cue to be just like on v7.When is on pause to make new cue or change the last cue,i wont to be just like on version 7.
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 9:35 am
Don't ask the same question on multiple threads. I already answered your question on the other thread you asked about it.

Mensajes Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 12:14 am
You can use it as a sampler. I think al que's are hot :)
Excuse me, My name is Bart.I am here for a while now but never got involved like this.
it's a pleasure to be here. I should shut up because I first have to read

Mensajes Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 12:46 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)