Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: HDMI Video Mixer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am looking for something almost EXACTLY like the http://www.numark.com/avm02, but that supports HDMI. I'd like at least 4 video channels.

I am noticing that they are starting to phase out S-Video cards and even VGA is seems.

Maybe I'm one of the only DJ's that insist on using a desktop to DJ, but I want to step into HD video and use HDMI graphics cards. Is there such a thing out there aside from $4,000+ that are geared for major production companies?

I was hoping something would pop up from the DJExpo in Atlanta this year, but I don't see a thing. I'd like to get some good discussion going though, and figure out some real solutions.

Again, s-video (svideo for those who do a search on that) and analog gear (i.e. graphics cards) is becoming legacy and being phased out.

HELP!

Chris

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 1:27 pm
Weird! I thought you guys would be all over this. Aren't you guys dealing with the same problem?

Maybe I posted in the wrong category. I may try to repost in the general forum, then come back and delete this one.

I could use some feedback though if you don't mind...

Chris

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 8:52 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Don't start a new thread in the General forum, please. Keep looking here, I'll lock and raise the other thread....

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 8:16 pm
I specifically said I was going to delete this one.

I posted this well over a week ago with no reply.

I think you might give a little more breathing room to to encourage dialog unless you have nothing better to do. I am simply trying to find the best place to post the topic. I got on ready to read some answers to find out you deleted my post.

I don't think that it is getting any sort of traction here, so I would like to delete this one and post on the general forum if I could figure out how to delete the post.

Chris

Mensajes Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 7:30 pm
I do not know if you are still looking, but the Blackmagic Design ATEM Television studio. It has 4 HDMI inputs and 4 SDI inputs. It can use 6 inputs at once and features both SDI and HDMI outputs.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 11:01 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
SORRY - Forget this message. Why are there so many OLD posts that get raised and "answered". If you are still interested, read below.

I mix videos and have done so for almost 2 years now. I am just not sure why you are going about it that way. All the video mixing is done in the software with only 1 main video out.

NOT 1 HDMI output for each deck that would then need to be mixed together externally..

I use a desktop PC and the Numark NS7FX. The NS7 does not do any video processing. The NS7 crossfader and the VDJ video crossfader are linked. So when I fade to the next deck, the video does too. That is all done inside VDJ and the the PC. Then it goes out 1 Video output to my crowd display.

Mensajes Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 11:16 am
gordonaustin

The Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio is pretty cool, but I'm not looking to add another PC to the rig. I'm hoping to add a HDMI video mixer only. Thank you for the help! Seriously!

DHoude:
I see what you're saying, but I'm talking about multiple video sources. 2PC's, 1-2 Cameras, Standalone Bluray/DVD Player. I suppose it would be for the same reasons someone would get the Numark AVM02 (http://www.numark.com/product/avm02), just HD.

Make sense? Thanks!!

Chris

Mensajes Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 11:36 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I use an AVM 02 mixer.

With laptops dropping s video its become a bit obsolete in a way, but the features and video effects of the AVM are awesome.

Another consideration is playback media hardware depending on whether you play out or just use your own gear.
Many venues are stuck between single composite, vga, svideo and now hdmi.
My suggestion would be to use a good scan converter that outputs HD and offers S Vid, vga, component as well as hdmi.

There's lots of good info in the Video Report series below on these from real Pro's in the biz, check it out.
http://www.facebook.com/TheVideoReport

Mensajes Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 5:36 am
Ok, I'm guessing someone elevated or moved my post. Possibly because they felt bad for being fairly lame last year when I posted it and then (I) tried to delete it (which you can only not do on this forum). I didn't get a single reply then, and now I'm getting activity.

Anyway, I wanted to get the AVM a while back, but as you said, it's on it's way out if not already. It IS a pretty slick piece though. Thanks why I'm so determined to find an HD version. I know that the issue is the EDID and copyright protection protocol required for HDMI. HDMI engineering isn't quite as simple if you want it to be problem-free. It's also not rocket science if someone would just do it already!

I am fairly hip to distributing all sorts of video. I have found a workaround for the time being, so I will share. It is not exactly what I'm looking for, as it doesn't have any sort of fading, effects, etc., but you can use what is called an HDMI matrix (NOT a switch). It does do switching, but a matrix is much more. If you get a decent one, it will seamlessly manage all of the EDID encryption for you.

http://snapav.com/p-969-b-100-hdmatrix-4x4.aspx

Anyway, a matrix sends ALL inputs (PC, DVD Player, Camera Feed, etc.) to all outputs (displays) simultaneously. You just select which one you want to see. So, a 4X4 matrix can have up to 4 video sources and 4 displays (although you can split/amplify each output). It will allow you to mix and match what sources you see on the screens. Pretty stinkin cool really, but it will NOT allow you to mix and match (or fade in and out, etc.) multiple video sources at the same time on any ONE screen. THAT is what I want and need.

Here is the closest thing to what I'm looking for: http://www.roland.com/products/en/V-1600HD/

It's only $18,000. I'm really wanting a 4X4 too. This one seems to be a 4X2 with the ability to only handle 2 HDMI inputs.

Chris

Mensajes Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 6:57 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well we all want and need, but waiting is not an option (at least for me).

I see no reason to not let the software control the mixing and output as HDMI to what ever splitter or switcher you want to use.
As I said the biggest obstacle is the venues we play in and connect to, far more important to have a scaling scan converter when connecting to multiple screens and resolutions.
This is about the best advice I can offer you.
My home system is set up like this for preview and practice.

Yes the AVM offers some cool effects, but my main reason for using it is for back up input from a dvd player and live video camera/s input to the system.

Mensajes Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 2:26 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Makes more sense... Good luck bro, no idea there. I am a mobile guy... I use the camera on my phone Wifi streamed to the crowd display and still work most items through the software. I am a big quality guy too and can respect what you want to do.

Mensajes Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 8:48 pm
I REALLY appreciate the dialog everyone! THANK you!

I am definitely about quality, but unfortunately, it is not even that at this point. We pretty much HAVE to move to HD solutions. S-Video, Composit, etc. video cards and solutions are getting harder and harder to find. HDMI is taking over whether we like it or not.

I could do a switch solution, but we really want cross-fading, keying, etc. in our shows for a very professional and exciting look and feel.

ANY ideas or products you guys know about are welcome..

Chris

Mensajes Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 1:14 pm
OBTAIN a DUAL VIDEO CARD with VGA for your "USER INTERFACE" OUTPUT & HDMI for output to HDTV, etc...

Then buy a HDMI SPLITTER from E-BAY and PICK UP "HDMI" CORD through www.MONOPRICE.com

INPUT IN TO THE "HDMI SPLITTER" your OUTPUT of the HDMI from the VIDEO CARD...

Then from the [2] "HDMI OUTPUTS" of the "HDMI SPLITTER" simply connect the "HDMI CORDS" from www.MONOPRICE.com to your "HDMI HDTVS", etc...

The card I use...

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-8400-gs

Works great for "ME" and my cord runs are 75', etc...

Hope this helps you,

"ME'

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 7:43 pm
I'm completely lost here Tao! Are you saying that there is a product called HDMI CORDS that mixes/switches the signal?
Or are you saying that you are running two hdmi signals to the same screen and switching between inputs?
I'm on monoprice.com searching for this so called HDMI CORDS and the search is turning up cables only...

Mensajes Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 2:35 pm
I'm hoping for some fresh ideas :) I posted earlier that I COULD use an HDMI switch, but want/need video cross-fading, etc. I might have to just invent one for DJ's or something. I see these crazy ones for like $15K-$20K, but that's just plain crazy!

Anyone know of an HD/HDMI cross-fader/mixer, let me know...

Chris

Mensajes Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 5:58 pm
HDMI CABLES, sorry! :P

Mine are 75' CABLES RUNS....

HDMI SPLITTER I got just allows my one "HDMI OUTPUT" from my unit's VIDEO CARD to "TWO HDTV UNITS".

All the AUDIO, VIDEO EFFECTS & VIDEO TRANSITIONS I use are the ones located in the LEGAL DOWNLOAD AREA for "REGISTERED USERS".

If you want do different things on each screen, then YES you'll need a GOOD VIDEO MIXER with HDMI OUTPUTS which means you'll need to OUTPUT a big $$$ investment. :(

Good Luck,

DJ TAO of TAOTRONX

iansharp wrote :
I'm completely lost here Tao! Are you saying that there is a product called HDMI CORDS that mixes/switches the signal?
Or are you saying that you are running two hdmi signals to the same screen and switching between inputs?
I'm on monoprice.com searching for this so called HDMI CORDS and the search is turning up cables only...

Mensajes Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 6:25 pm
TAO,

You need what is called an HDMI Matrix. You'll love it! It is an HDMI switch, but it will allow you to have have multiple inputs and outputs and it will allow you to put something different (or the same) on each screen. For instance, a 4X4 HDMI matrix will allow you to have up to 4 inputs and up to 4 unique outputs. It will send ALL four inputs (sources) to EACH of the four outputs (displays) simultaneously, or at least, you can select which one you want. If you like monoprice, an HDMI matrix is not much more than a switch.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5704&seq=1&format=2

Chris

Mensajes Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 6:16 am
THANKS FOR THE LINK.... :)

Looks cool too!!!

DJ TAO

gmedia wrote :
TAO,

You need what is called an HDMI Matrix. You'll love it! It is an HDMI switch, but it will allow you to have have multiple inputs and outputs and it will allow you to put something different (or the same) on each screen. For instance, a 4X4 HDMI matrix will allow you to have up to 4 inputs and up to 4 unique outputs. It will send ALL four inputs (sources) to EACH of the four outputs (displays) simultaneously, or at least, you can select which one you want. If you like monoprice, an HDMI matrix is not much more than a switch.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5704&seq=1&format=2

Chris

Mensajes Sun 08 Jul 12 @ 1:01 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)