Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: True Plug-n-Play.........

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

The one thing I notice is how some VDJ users really, really struggle to set up a simple controller like a Mixtrack Pro. It's not a problem for me to setup VDJ with any controller I've got my hands on. Maybe there's a way VDJ could automatically connect and if we want to change things around we would just hit the config button like we do now.

I truly think this would be beneficial for users, thoughts and comments welcome
Huey

Mensajes Sun 30 Oct 11 @ 9:18 pm
I thought it already was P&P?!

The problems these simple folk have are usually their own doing.

Either they're trying to use a controller with a VDJ version that doesn't support external controllers, or an LE version that's for some other product, or an old version of Pro that doesn't have support for a new controller.....

There's usually a good reason for it.

When I've bought controllers and plugged them in, it's always just worked - effortlessly.

Mensajes Mon 31 Oct 11 @ 4:17 am
Well regardless what you say, when ever you've hooked up a controller with a soundcard built-in you've had to open up the config window and route the sound...........
So I guess I should say make it a plug-n-play without the need to route the sound "When the controller has a built-in soundcard". So let's say I have a Mixtrack Pro, all I should have to do is plug it in and hook up my speakers, load a deck and press play. I shouldn't have to see the config window unless I'm adjusting the latency or something..........

Mensajes Mon 31 Oct 11 @ 7:32 am
don't the controllers come with easy set up guides with pretty pictures, every one i have ever bought does... it should go like this when you get a controller

1. unwrap controller
2. scan controller functions with eyes, find the soundcard
3. check everywhere in the box for smaller essentials
4. install program
5 install hardware drivers
6. plug in to see if it works if not move to next step
7. look at pretty pictures do what is in them
8. register

how some people must do it

1. unwrap controller
2. leave power pack in box
3. get angry demand a refund from the store
4. get new controller
5. do the same thing
6. rant on the manufactures website about how the controllers are always broken
7. finally consider that they are not smart enough to set it up and consult the manual.
8. see a picture of power pack and discard the manual
9 plug in controller with power, but not setting it up
10 rant on software forum

Mensajes Mon 31 Oct 11 @ 9:19 pm
Lol! Ok I hear what your saying but the last 3 controllers I've had didn't say anything about how to set it up to work with VDJ. Those controllers were Mixtrack, DJ2GO and my Mixdeck. Heck I couldn't even tell which cd was which between the Mixtrack and Mixdeck, the cds were the same and the pdf on the disks said nothing........ I didn't want to have to go here but with the Serato DJ Intro program all you do is plug in your controller, no clicking on the setup menu, it just works!! That's how it should be. No need to open the config to switch the sound setup unless we want to and like there's the controller must have a soundcard built-in.

Keep it simple
Huey

Mensajes Mon 31 Oct 11 @ 9:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)