Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: how to do auto crossfade between songs?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi. Im using Virtual DJ 7.0.5b LE and I can't find the way to do auto crossfade between songs when they are over, so I won't need to sit at the beggining of events next to the equipment and the music will just keep play alone....

Mensajes Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 4:42 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This may be a little long....

To the right of your browser there is an adjustable window, open it a little and at the bottom left hand corner you will see a lock icon click on this to lock it (have fun trying to catch it, lol) once locked resize panel so you have enough room to fit artist and title fields.

Populate this area with your tunes you want to play, they can be either audio or video files, try and keep the bpm of each tune as close as you can this will give you a better mix.

Choose which deck you want to work off and put your first tune there or select a deck you want your playlist to follow, now when ready in the top left hand corner of the panel there are two icons, press on the top icon, this will turn green indicating automix is now working.

The second one down lists options for your mix, you also have in config > options, other selections to choose from ie length of mix etc.

If you decide you want to miss a few tunes out for some reason go down the list to where you want your next tune to come in and double click it, this will jump the playlist to that point.

You can also add to the list anytime by simply dragging your songs over from browser and dropping them in where you want.

To stop automix simply click on the green icon and you can then before the tune ends revert back to normal mixing.

hope that helps.

Mensajes Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 6:39 pm
huggie46PRO SubscriberMember since 2012
my cross fade not goin sliding side to side on my mixer i got numark mix deck and both songs keep playin how do i split the decks so i can hear which song i am playing

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 10:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 10:59 am
valtroHome userMember since 2013
Hey,

I'm using VirtualDJ FREE home edition and I cannot find that crossfading button! Can someone help me? Thanks!

Mensajes Sat 11 May 13 @ 3:50 pm
I'm using the keyboard on my laptop and I have to use tab then space to play the next song is there an easier way to do this?

Mensajes Tue 13 Aug 13 @ 10:49 pm
If you're saying you don't know where the crossfader is, here you go.

Mensajes Wed 14 Aug 13 @ 9:46 am
062784PRO InfinityMember since 2014
how do i set crossfader to automatic when switching play from deck 1 to deck 2

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 6:42 am
Why would you want to do that? If you put your tunes into automix in the order you would put them on the decks then they will automatically be mixed together. But if your insistent on doing it on separate decks you could use an action points I suppose coded with 'crossfader +10%' changing the percentage amount up or down depending on how long you want it to take for the cross fader to move across + = to the right side and substitute this to - to move to the left i.e. crossfader -10%. Also you would have to set up multiple action points depending on how smooth you want the transition.

But as I said I really do not understand why you would need to do this??

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 9:52 am
062784 wrote :
how do i set crossfader to automatic when switching play from deck 1 to deck 2

Put this vdjscript on your play button (midi controller):

play_button & auto_crossfade

You can modify the length of the crossfade by writing a ms value after auto_crossfade.

Regards, Daniel

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 12:29 pm
How to auto crossfade?
Pioneer ergo & Vdj le
This question is older than stone henge and I've really searched on here and still can't see a clear & simple answer.
I'm toying with the idea of ditching the ergo controller and just using the PC and separate sound card as less to carry/ setup

Mensajes Sat 28 May 16 @ 8:08 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
if you use a LE there is e.g. no automix feature avaliable
also you cannot access the mapping to create a shortcut for
a controller or keyboard button with a auto crossfade action

Mensajes Sun 29 May 16 @ 6:09 pm
CubsFanHome userMember since 2016
Where can I find the midi controller file to paste this into Daniel?

Put this vdjscript on your play button (midi controller):

play_button & auto_crossfade

You can modify the length of the crossfade by writing a ms value after auto_crossfade.

Regards, Daniel

Mensajes Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 5:04 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the controllers section, or the keyboard mapping play command

Mensajes Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 6:34 am
azana45Home userMember since 2018
How do I get my songs to start playing the next song on cue? I have my cue points but the next song isn't starting.

Mensajes Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 9:05 pm
Tracks don't just play themselves. You either have to press the play button (which is called "being a DJ") or use automix.

Mensajes Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 11:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)