Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Help with turntable setup, what i need? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

kidkiaHome userMember since 2012
I just bought 2 pairs of stanton t60 turntables and a stanton M.201 Mixer. I want to be able to connect the turntables to my computer so that i can play music files from the pc onto the turntables.

I'm 90% sure I don't have a soundcard capable of this setup so what will i need to get? Also will i need to get some time coded vinyls? What else will I need?

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 9:58 pm
Yeah youll need a soundcard like a MAYA44 and you can use Serato timecodes. Get those and report back, we'll go from there....

Huey

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 12:55 am
okay thanks for that. im in the process of getting the 44 and some vinyl now. my only other concern is playback through my speakers. im only just learning to dj so it will all be done in my bedroom and i was hoping on just connection the mixer to my computer speakers. of course these are aux connected so if i was to get an aux to rca cable would that work?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTefzicKxyk65aPeCe5qLH2Ewy_nHnHco8EgwaZ7lQHJBXOBKqK

would it simply just go into the master slots?

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 7:17 am
DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
kidkia wrote :
okay thanks for that. im in the process of getting the 44 and some vinyl now.

maya 44 is not recomended soundcard - It's old and not so good .
Audio6dj (Native instruments) is so far better

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 8:54 am
kidkia wrote :
okay thanks for that. im in the process of getting the 44 and some vinyl now. my only other concern is playback through my speakers. im only just learning to dj so it will all be done in my bedroom and i was hoping on just connection the mixer to my computer speakers. of course these are aux connected so if i was to get an aux to rca cable would that work?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTefzicKxyk65aPeCe5qLH2Ewy_nHnHco8EgwaZ7lQHJBXOBKqK

Yes...you will need a total of 5 RCA cables and a ”y” cable. The y will consist of III female connections. 1.8 and red and white RCA. That's how you will connect your computer monitors to the master out on your mixer.

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 1:29 pm
kidkia wrote :
okay thanks for that. im in the process of getting the 44 and some vinyl now.

maya 44 is not recomended soundcard - It's old and not so good .
Audio6dj (Native instruments) is so far better

Iv read many good reviews on the maya 44 and a lot of people use them. plus its about $150 cheaper then the audio6dj..

kidkia wrote :

Yes...you will need a total of 5 RCA cables and a ”y” cable. The y will consist of III female connections. 1.8 and red and white RCA. That's how you will connect your computer monitors to the master out on your mixer.

Sounds right. Just to make sure, 4 of the RCA cables will be from the tables, and the other last one will be from the AUX to RCA connector? Where does the 'y' cable come into it? Im guessing the AUX to RCA cables then plug into the 'y' cable? Yes, no?

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 6:48 pm
DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
kidkia wrote :

Iv read many good reviews on the maya 44 and a lot of people use them. plus its about $150 cheaper then the audio6dj..

I had one maya44 & I know is cheaper but is not a good soundcard . It works , but is not a good soundcard -

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 9:31 pm
1 for each turntable, 1 for each deck ”out” on the sound card. The turn tables will plug in each "in" on your sound card and the outs will plug into each in as if you were plugging up your turntables. Once you get you sound card, you will better understand.

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 7:19 am
1 for each turntable, 1 for each deck ”out” on the sound card. The turn tables will plug in each "in" on your sound card and the outs will plug into each in on your mixer as if you were plugging up your turntables. Once you get you sound card, you will better understand.

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 7:21 am
Sorry about the double post, my cell got out of wack

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 7:25 am
Okay too easy. And the USB from the soundcard will feed the mp3s to the tables/mixer? Thanks so much for your help

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 8:54 pm
You will undertand easier when you get your equipment.

I use the esi maya 44 and i am yet to have a problem, it works perfect for me.

Basically you plug you maya 44 into you laptop with the usb, you connect both turntables to the "in" on your maya 44, then you connect 2 rca cables from the maya44 "out" to the left and right channel on your mixer.

The rest of the setup is done in the software itself, virtual dj receives the signal from the timecode and controls what you see on your screen, then virtual dj will output your sounds (mp3s) to the "out" on your maya 44 which is deck 1 and deck 2 and if wired up correctly will and then you recieve to mp3s to your mixer.

I have managed to find out a old video i made for some stuff i sold on ebay. I started out the cheap way because i didnt want to spend a whole lot of money just incase i didnt like the whole timecoded vinyl. But i still use the the maya 44 as like i said before it has never yet failed on me and i have been using it for around 3 years.

This is what it should go like when you get it all working.

http://youtu.be/TCHPg-aGvbg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCHPg-aGvbg[/youtube]

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 6:01 am
Thats great thanks Rob!

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 3:53 pm
I have all my equipment set up correctly using a Mix Vibe U-Mixx 44 Soundcard my mixer works fine with the software but i cannot get my computer to recognize my turntables when I got into config it just says relaxed like theres no signal... not sure what im doing wrong

Mensajes Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 11:54 am
Hi me again, turns out I cannot for the life of me find a store that will ship me a Maya 44 to Australia for less then $100..

So iv been looking at other sound cards. I'm just wondering how many outputs and inputs I will need?

Would the Numark DJ I/O satisfy? https://www.storedj.com.au/products/NUM-DJIO
Or can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 2:16 am
Sorry, DJIO is not suitable for timecode use because it lacks the necessary inputs for the timecode signal. It's designed/intended for mouse/keyboard and MIDI controller users only.

Have a search on Google for the Hercules DJ Trim. This is also available as an all-in-one package the includes timecode vinyl records and CD's and VirtualDJ LE (You can optionally upgrade from this to the full Pro at a discount.)

Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Timecode%20Requirements.html

Also:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20configure%20my%20timecode.html

Mensajes Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 5:39 am

Mensajes Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 8:35 am
Hello DJ's! I'm a new DJ that's getting a new pair of turntables for my birthday. I'm getting the Pioneer DDJ-SB Intro Controller! I like it because it's nice and small and portable! Anyway, I was wondering, how I can connect the turntables to Virtuaal DJ. Do I just need a sub and that's all? I have some speakers so I'm set with that, but I also need help on connecting those two. So overall, please help how to connect my Pioneer DDJ- SB Intro Controller to Virtual DJ and my speakers!!! Thank you!!!

Mensajes Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 9:39 pm
That controller does not allow turntable hookup. Look here, for more info.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 2:16 pm
sound card Maya 44 is only 16 beats get something better man!

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:26 am
87%