Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

This will make creating "Mix tapes" a lot easier, seeing as I don't own a midi mixer and your able to edit your set on the timeline perfectly. In fact, its basically setting your entire set up ahead of time, which will make awesome for practice. Can't wait.

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 3:03 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
...but when you are playing in a club can it "read your crowd" for you?

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 11:21 am
I would love to be a beta tester for this. The ability to edit a live video is incredible !

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 2:28 pm
LOL no it will never read the crowd for you, don't use it for a ready made mix set, use it for a ready made (or live on the fly) mix track or video. Think of it like when you have a vid or track that there is a bit in it that you think kills the vibe, well now you can cut bit of the track / vid that kills the vibe out.

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 5:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Yea take out all of the breakdowns and see how many heart attacks you can induce!

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 7:56 pm
@ bagpuss

LOL yeah would be like the old 90s rave days in the uk :-)

Mensajes Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 2:21 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Looks awesome! I especially love the idea of making my own edits before a gig and then playing them out! Just in case anyone on the dev team is reading: It'd be great if the sequencer part has a "reverse audio" feature- I can imagine making quick radio edits of tracks with swearing in might be a common usage for this feature (along with pre-looping intros and outros to make extended edits) so a reverse audio feature would be a good way of doing those kind of edits.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait! :D

The 'feature' you mentioned already exists. It is an effect called 'Forward-Reverse'. I use it from time to time. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2182/Forward_Reverse.html

Mensajes Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 5:11 pm
Of course it wont read the crowd, or the type of situation you are in, I would strictly use this for mix tape creation and perfection only. There is nothing more annoying than be recording one live,lets say you want to make it an hour, and you make a few mistakes near minute 57. The mix tape (mix disk, w.e) is basically our business card. And now I will be able to make the mix fluidly perfect seeing as I can now edit or correct it in the timeline.

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 1:33 am
you can just keep recording but start the outgoing track again from a noticable place like the breakdown and do the mix again and edit them together in an audio editor like audition or audacity...

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 3:25 am
I sure could ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ) ........ Or get it right the first time using the appropriate all in one DJ Software, which will apparently be Virtual Dj 8

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 3:56 am

The big negative of this feature is that people will now associate the software with something that isn't "live", although the program obviously facilitates live mixing, people will be keen to toss VDJ into the basket of Ableton and mixmeister = lab DJ's and producers, it's not an image I'm comfortable with, actually there was a guest in the club claiming that I wasn't mixing live last night, saying I was just making a playlist...probably a rival DJ dispirited by smooth A/V mixing, there's still a lot of people who don't understand how it works.

Still a good feature that will be put to good use offline but will it send the reputation of the program further into the realm of the automix DJ?

The best way to counter this would be to rival competitor programs on real time audio/video effects, as well as having a great sound engine with the best master tempo and scratch algorithms, compromise on nothing.

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 10:39 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
They probable said the same thing about automactic transmitions on cars when Only a standard transmition was available, now everybody drives automatic ones, so what really matters bottom line is results...what you do, not how you do it, your choice of music for the most part is The Key.....not what buttons you press or features available in the software you use.. believe me knowone will be watching, If people are enjoying the show they won't stop because of what you choose to use in your software or stop dancing because you use a sync button..So Stop The Myth Only your Rivals will use.....

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 4:10 pm

Don't give me them cliches Joey you know better than that, like I say I see a genuine use for the feature but it puts an interesting spin on how the software will be seen among DJ's...of course it bears no relevance on rocking a crowd, and the key thing is pushing the realm of possibility, you can do more...

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 10:42 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Personally, I can see it being useful for tweaking up individual tracks in advance, rather than whole mixes. Extending radio edits, getting rid of the talky bits in music videos, that kind of thing.

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 4:06 am
All these NLU's that are one here are waiting for this to be released too, I wonder how long it will be before they get a copy.

They even come on here making suggestions and comparisons.

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 4:54 am
ZablarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Can't wait, think VDJ could use a breakthrough as the other softwares are starting to get a bunch of features we are missing out on :P argh, better get active on this forum so I can access more forums lol,

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 12:42 pm
cms30ggPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am looking forward to the release of this updated version. I think that it will be huge and change quite a few peoples perception of VDJ as a djing program.

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 3:11 pm
I give it another 6 months until they release it (-_- )ノ ...... I can smell it (´ヘ`;)

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 10:55 pm
I can't wait for Virtual DJ 8

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 11:23 pm
Great job Heiko for your presentation of an indepth talkthrough of VDJ8.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 12:15 am
31%