Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VirtualDJ stopped playback halfway through a set - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

My hard drives are all backed up & tested. After this convo I'm going to get another 3TB and keep it in my case for back up.

BTW, should I install the CD that came with the APC so the pc can communicate with the device or just plug & play?

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 4:43 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't, it will try to turn off your pc when the back up battery gets low. Which is better if it happens when you are not there. Personally, 1 extra cable and more stuff to go wrong. I want to be the only say when my computer shuts down. That is my take on it.

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 10:15 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I also forgot to mention that when I am home and doing back ups, I also put my external HD on the battery back up too. To make sure that no data is corupted due to "brown out" during the back up. Couldn't hurt...

Mensajes Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 8:17 am
Just a follow up on the battery back-up..... Since using it I haven't had any problems with VDJ losing connection with my controller. I hear the back up unit clicking on & off several times during the night and it makes perfect sense thats what was causing my problems.
Thing was worth every dollar, thanks!

Mensajes Sun 16 Dec 12 @ 11:45 am
Do you not use surge protection.
I use surge protection on all equipment connected to the audio side as I previously had a problem with a light fixture sending a spike through the mains when it was activated.
As a smoke machine has a fairly high current draw this suggestion may be useful.
Did the problem only occur when you fired the smoke or did it do it when it was heating up.

Mensajes Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 8:20 am
sputnick007 wrote :
Do you not use surge protection.
I use surge protection on all equipment connected to the audio side as I previously had a problem with a light fixture sending a spike through the mains when it was activated.
As a smoke machine has a fairly high current draw this suggestion may be useful.
Did the problem only occur when you fired the smoke or did it do it when it was heating up.

Hi,

The problem only occurred when I fired the smoke machine. It was fine otherwise.

That's an interesting suggestion regarding the surge protector, but I don't know if it would work in this case. My understanding of surge protectors is that they work to prevent spikes, but not drops, in current. Judging by other comments on this thread, it seems a UPS would be the only real protection.

Mensajes Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 5:18 pm
I have a Numark Mixdeck. I'm using VDJ 8, running on a Dell i5 1TB. I have been experiencing my controller becoming unresponsive, during playback. PLS. ADVISE

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 3:44 pm
smuhammad2 wrote :
I have a Numark Mixdeck. I'm using VDJ 8, running on a Dell i5 1TB. I have been experiencing my controller becoming unresponsive, during playback. PLS. ADVISE

This post is 6 years old
So it has nothing to do with the current software
It's even in the "Old version" forum
Please start a new post

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 4:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)