Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 3-5sec screen feeze when loading track (denon hc4500)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I bought a second laptop (better spec than my old one which works fine) and for some reason when I load a track part of the screen freezes and you can't move mouse or do anything.

The really odd thing is that the waveform of the song playing keeps scrolling along and the audio continues to play.

I've searched the net and these forums but I just can't get to the bottom of it.

I have an older (same brand Acer)laptop that's only a core 2 duo and it works perfectly but the newer Acer with i7 processor and more ram does this freeze thing.

I've tried 32bit and 64bit versions of windows but both same thing.

It happens most of the time when I load a song (8 out of 10 I'd say) the actual song itself can be any! It just seems to be random and not certain songs. It happens on MP3 files and flac files.

Can anyone help as I've ran out of ideas.

Cheers

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 3:43 am
Sounds like graphics card drivers?

Check if you can get OEM ones for the card and install them.

Keith

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 5:11 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Sounds like graphics card drivers?

Check if you can get OEM ones for the card and install them.

Keith

Cheers Keith, I'll give that a try. I did get the display drivers from the Acer website but I'll have a another look. I always format my laptops before doing a clean install to run VDJ, on this occasion i didnt try the laptop before doing this so i don't know whether it worked 'off the shelf' and i screwed it up! wish they didnt put a mountain of junk on laptops these days then there'd be no need to format. ho hum

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 5:18 am
Yes, Acer laptops are crammed with crapware. They are well known for not updating drivers and their support in the UK is abysmal.

If you can find out the graphics module then it would be better to use the plain vanilla drivers. These are sometimes blocked for install but you can always install them through the "back door"

Try that first and let us know how you get on.

Keith

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 5:47 am
Another thing .... does it do this when using the onboard sound without the HC-4500 connected?

May also be a duff memory module as loading the track puts it in RAM. Just a thought ......

Also, it probably has a recovery partition so you can put it back to factory state and see what happens.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 5:52 am
atmegaHome userMember since 2011
Hi Ian,

are you loading the songs from internal or external HDD?
And if from internal HDD: Is it a Western Digital?

Would like these questions to be answered to avoid writing things that are useless for you.

Stephan

Mensajes Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 3:03 pm
It's an internal drive, not sure what brand it is but I'll have a look (i have read stuff online about western digital drives being an issue)

I've re-installed windows again yesterday, gone through a billion websites and diabled everything thats not required and used it at tonights gig... boom 3-4 sec pauses when loading tracks. I wont buy another acer machine for sure but I'd quite like this one to work better than it does.

Mensajes Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 7:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)