Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Full Screen Video Issue?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...hope you are well in the land of VDJ. I've not been on for a while because in all honesty, I don't get problems with my kit.

HOWEVER, I've come across one and I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I built a new gig machine a couple of weeks ago and after a couple of initial problems, got things sorted.

I know the VDJ video issue has long been a pain in the proverbial ass but this one is getting me.

When I first built the machine i was stress testing it. I tested it for 30 hours between two 15 hour sessions, running 5 plugins at a time, along with firetext running in the background. When using firetext my video output is set to window and i move the window to my second screen behind a template on the firetext display output. No worries. All seemed ok. However, if I closed firetext and ran my video full screen (drop down box in video tab = graphics card) I noticed that when I went into the config menu and clicked 'OK' to close it, the config panel didn't disappear. It sat in front of VDJ and couldn't be moved, clicked on or anything. In fact, the tooltips from the VDJ skin came through the config panel as if the config panel HAD disappeared, but it was still there. The only way to get out of this was to CTRL/ALT/DEL and then go to task manager. In doing this though, it killed the video output altogether so back into Config, deactivate and then reactivate the video. Then I would get a 'Error in the video driver' box and could only run the second output as window. (I hope you're following this!!!)

Anyway, I found that if I changed my screen resolution from 1366 x 768 to 1360 x 768 it seemed to solve the issue.

However, last night I was doing a racenight using VDJ to show racecards on the big screen (full screen output, not window) and the races themselves. I would show the racecard as a .PNG using the firetext image effect and then fade out the image to show the race itself. All the time I'm playing music on the other deck as you do. After the race finished, I would load up the racecard for the next race and fade the .PNG back in to open the tote table.

But I'm back to the issue of the phantom panel!!! This time, it's the same as the config panel issue. When I load up the next .PNG and press 'OK' to load it, the menu dims and the tooltips from the VDJ skin come through. I can't get rid of the panel and the only way to do so is to CTRL/ALT/DEL which kills the video altogether....:o|

It's wearing a bit thin now because I keep thinking I've got it sorted but clearly I haven't. My screen resolution is set as it should be. My VDJ skin 1280 by 768 and I can't think what I'm doing that's causing it. Again, it only happens when I use full screen output to my second display. I've already done the VideoMemMaxUse and YV12 Bug tweak suggested years ago and that's how I fixed my initial problems.

I'm using an Nvidia GT440 card in my new machine with 1gb video memory. Windows 7 ultimate with 4 gigs memory. External soundcard but nothing major. It happens whether I load .PNG or .JPEG files and whether I'm running Firetext or not. The only programs I run on my show are VDJ and Firetext.

It's even got to the point where I need to kill VDJ completely and then restart it...which is the last thing any of us want to be doing in the middle of a gig.

Again, this doesn't happen when I use 'window' to ouput to second screen, only when I choose my graphics card from the drop down box. Brand new card and drivers all up to date as far as I'm aware.

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? I'm sure I've missed something fairly obvious but for the life of me I just can't figure it out.

Please help!!!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 10:20 am
make sure when you first fire up the machine, the second monitor is connected.

Also make sure that in WINDOWS/MONITOR, you have set your second monitor EXTENDED not Duplicated.

I would start there.

Mensajes Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 6:30 pm
I never boot without all my connections made and double checked.

Desktop is always extended.

I've been doing this stuff for years so those things are habit now. This is something else.

Thanks for the reply though...:o)

Anyone else?

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Sat 03 Nov 12 @ 8:48 am
Guys?

P

Mensajes Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 7:54 am
Hullo? Anyone experienced this yet?

I had the same thing happen to me again at a big gig last night. Can't have this keep happening?

Thoughts and comments please?

P

Mensajes Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:24 am
One thing to check (just guesing here).
Something in my head say to check monitor settings.

Make sure that the MAIN (VDJ program) is using MONITOR 1 and not 2. When you said you click OK and the FULL SCREEN video went in front of VDJ and can't move it, this click into mind that you might have VDJ running on 2nd screen instead of the 1st.

Mensajes Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:49 pm
MagicDJ, that is a good shout actually.

My graphics card has a VGA/HDMI output on it. I use the VGA to go to my own monitor and the HDMI to go to the second display. However, I have noticed that VDJ runs on display 2 as opposed to display 1. It's as if the HDMI is the main display even when I go into the settings and make display 2 my main screen.

Is it possible that the default display is the HDMI output?

I'll hook up my gig machine and see if I can get these settings changed.

Thanks for that input. I'll post back and confirm my findings.

Cheers..and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 7:17 am
Did a VERY quick Google on this...and found this. I'm gonna check it out on my BIOS and see what I find.

Thanks again...(",)

P

Mensajes Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 7:22 am
in the BIOS you can usually adjust the default display port such as vga, pci, pci-e. which is allowing you to choose to default to onboard or extended graphics cards. Even when your system defaults a bootscreen to HDMI perhaps (for example) that doesn't mean that windows is using that as your default. So in your windows display options or graphics card display options (control centers) you'd have to choose which monitor is 1 and which is 2. This is fairly basic and simple but to me it doesn't sound like it'd cause the ghost image of your closed windows. That's usually a memory issue and it's in your RAM or your GPU. For whatever reason your system is closing it but it's not refreshing the display correctly. The system knows the window isn't there which is why you can't click on it and hints show up through it because it's loading those pixels appropriately. I'd try turning off hardware acceleration for you video as a test bed. Other effects may not work but if you can't replicate the issue it's likely it's located in the graphics card. If older drivers exist that you haven't used you could try uninstalling and backdating the drivers for you graphics card.

Also, make sure you have latest DirectX, .Net, and any other piece of rendering software that might affect the plugins such as flash or shockwave. Different plugins use different software on your pc and having one dumb thing outdated can have crazy effects. Make sure you windows 7 has all the extra updates it needs, even those silly optional ones. And try using the registry tool for Virtual DJ. Some of those can make a big difference if it's a video driver.

Hope this helps ya mate.

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 4:26 pm
ok ,new lap top is running two screens plus its screen. I can hook upto 6 ov them using the new usb hdmi converter. Its a 69.00 box Im going to try to run the two projectors..

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 7:50 pm
Hey guys. Hate to regurgitate an old thread, but I'm STILL having this issue. I bought a brand new 2gig NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 graphics card the other day and put it into my gig machine, transferring the old card into another machine.

The same thing happened with the new graphics card, and now the same thing's happening with the old graphics card on another machine!!!

Anyone got any clues as to what might be going on here?

I appreciate any input.

P

Mensajes Mon 06 May 13 @ 3:28 pm
Heads up...I've noticed that this happens when I'm not using Firetext. It's now happening using the Slideshow plugin as well.

All drivers are up to date on both machines.

I'm stumped man...:o|

P

Mensajes Mon 06 May 13 @ 3:31 pm
Further to this...it also happens whether I use HDMI or VGA to output to my second screen...:o|

p

Mensajes Mon 06 May 13 @ 9:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi,

NVidia GT610 is worst than the regular HD3000 or HD4000 instead. GT610, GT620 are not good ones for this video mixing operations. GT630 may also not be enough, but some users have make it work in some cases. GT650 is the safer way to go, a GT640 may work almost for all configurations too.

I am sorry, but you need to use HD4000 instead of the GT610 in here. You may choose use Intel video instead. Some hardware configurations may not allow the NVidia to be the video output, but the video for the laptop screen only, so in this cases would be no way to make it work for the second video monitor.

Now, is important to let know that HD4000 is working well on many current Core i5 and Core i7 configurations with processor clock speeds of 2.3GHZ or more.

Mensajes Tue 07 May 13 @ 12:14 pm
Thanks for the tip...much appreciated.

This is a desktop machine though. In fact, I've had this happen on two different desktop machines.

Can you recommend a good graphics card for use in a desktop machine?

Many thanks...keep spinnin'...(",)

p

Mensajes Wed 15 May 13 @ 6:37 pm
Guys...it's been a while since I've looked at this...I've just persevered to be honest.

However, I've just put an AMD Radeon HD6670 into my gig machine and with hardware acceleration activated I always get the 'error in the video driver' box :(

I'm gonna try the VidMemMaxUse regedit tweak but if anyone has any experiences of this card, please get in touch.

Many thanks. Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 1:09 pm
Me and most of my dj friends that have laptops with secondary video cards are also having the same issue, to the point that virtual dj stops responding in the middle of a gig, nightly. All of us have had to resport to having an ipod plugged into one mixer channel with a song on standby so that we dont go dead during an event... This problem ALONE has made me question using virtual dj in the future.

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 12:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)