Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: "Impossible to open the file!!"

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys,

So I've been using Virtual DJ for a while now, and have noticed that with a couple of my songs I get an Error whenever trying to load them on either deck. The thing is I realized that a whole album of Dance Music (40 or so songs) and another album (20 songs) with mp3 files are both unusable.

I can play them in any other program, and yes I have done the steps in the browser of cleaning and fixing.
When I try to look at the info of the songs, everything seems to work fine except for the bottom line that says "Impossible to open the file!!"

What does this mean and what can I do to play this music? It'd be really nice to get this figured out.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Shumaker - DJ Shoes

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 2:28 pm

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 2:36 pm
I've have already read all of that page and have tried their instructions. These files are also not the MP4 files that they talked about, so the problem cannot be that.

What else could be the problem at this point?

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 2:52 pm
What format (exactly) are the files in?

Codec, bit rate, sample rate, mono/stereo?

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 3:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you upload one of those files to a server ?

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 3:43 pm
Well, now that I try to play the files again, they apparently won't play.
They show the actual size of the file being sizes such as 6.7 and 5.4MB. It might have been when I put my albums in winrar to transfer them after a reformat on my computer and they got messed up. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

But while I'm here I might as well pose another question of problems with loading songs: Some of my songs (almost always from 2 specific albums again) will only load a few cm of the waveforms. As the song continues it fills in more of the waveform, but is still not showing much. The time on the song as it's running might show about 17 minutes when really the song is only a few minutes long, and the file info inside of VDJ shows 48kbps when in windows it shows much more and definitely sounds like much more.

How can I solve that problem, or can I not? Because I really do like to use waveforms to figure out where heavy and light sections ar ein the song ahead of time.

Thanks
~Ryan Shumaker

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 8:11 am

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 8:17 am
DJ l Shoes wrote :
If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

If you provide the information requested, someone may be able to help.

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 8:40 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
iv had problems with some files in the past that have failed to load into vdj or have started to load but seem to stall during the loading.
what i tried was loading them into audiacity then exporting them back to the desktop in the same format (mp3)
move and replace the new copy from the desktop back to the original folder and have worked perfectly.

this may not help but its worth a try. test the copy exported to the desktop before you replace the original just to be safe

Mensajes Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)