Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Suitable external Hard Drive

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

StilliPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

I am currently in the process of trying to reduce the weight of my flightcase/rack and one of the things that would help towards this aim would be to chance the type of external hard drive that I use for my music storage which is located within the flightcase.

The drive I currently use is a "Western Digital 3.5" 1TB Hard Drive SATA300 7200rpm 32MB Cache Caviar Black" mounted in an external drive case and connected to my laptop via USB3 port. This is used for my entire library of music, karaoke and music video files from which I stream direct to VDJ.

I have no problems with this setup at all but I could reduce the weight considerably if I used a 2.5" drive such as the "Western Digital 1TB My Passport Portable Hard Drive" which is very small, relatively lightweight and only has one connection to USB as there is no power supply required.

I would be grateful for your opinions as to whether I would get good results from a drive such as this and for anyone who has experience with these types of compact external hard drive.

Mensajes Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 8:46 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)