Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: AMD HD 7690M video freeze - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've got a new MSI with NVIDIA and the videos work great.... what model do you have? Perhaps you should try and get that working, might serve better than a Acer notebook.

Mensajes Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 8:13 am
Well I will give you guy a update. I have maxmemuse to 16 and no more messages about ram from vdj. However I noticed that Vobs And some avi's did not work anymore so I set them to windows media player in the codec options in vdj now they seem just OK, but sometimes out of sync. Better than a static frozen video. Much better than before. I have my new PC build in the mail for my updated rackmount PC will let you all know how it goes. Will be installing win7 so wish me luck!

Mensajes Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 3:43 am
I picked up my HP laptop with ATI video card over a year ago. Have spent countless hours adjusting settings and everything. I have tried EVERY option. I THOUGHT I had figured everything out, and about a month ago had video playing smooth, with the exception of VOB. I don't use much VOB, so I converted the little bit in my collection over to MPEG, and everything was going fine, UNTIL LAST NIGHT. All of a sudden, out of no where, MPEG and MP4 videos started freezing. I had to REBOOT my software in the middle of a gig, and play the night out using MP3 files and Sonique animations on the screens.

I've been watching these forums for months, with customer after customer complaining about these video issues, and the VDJ team just offers the same old registry fixes that don't work, and passes the buck on to the video card manufacturer. Problem is that this is happening on EVERY BRAND of video card, so the problem obviously lies with the software.

Mensajes Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 2:29 pm
It's not every brand. For the majority of our users, VirtualDJ works perfectly. The users that you see in the forums posting about video problems only represent a small number of our overall users.

Unfortunately there's very little that we can do when manufacturers release faulty drivers that don't work correctly. Thankfully, some manufacturers have updated their drivers now to correct the problem. You should check your computer manufacturer's website to see if this the case for your computer.

If no updates to fix the problem are available yet, then the following FAQ pages should help you work around the problem until updated drivers are available:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Memory%20Issue.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/My%20video%20output%20runs%20slowly%20or%20is%20very%20choppy.html

Please also register your Pro serial number on your profile page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Especially if you are working DJ and are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Mensajes Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 5:11 am
You say it's a small number of users but have you ever thought that most people that use vdj could be using it a majority of times for things other than videos? I feel that video dj's using virtual DJ is a very small number of people out there. I know personally that I work at Sapphire, the largest strip club in the world and EVERY one of the dj's there had the same problem when they got new systems but because I was working there and had already experienced this, I was able to get them up and running with few problems. I would love to get myself an MSI like my main co-dj at the club but $2800 is a bit more than I can afford on a system right now.

I'm wondering if VDJ8 is going to have the same issues or if they're finally going to fix it from the ground up. it seems to be just an incompatibility with newer systems that is causing the memory leak/video freeze issue. I was running video on my old Toshiba for years before getting my new system and all of the other dj's at the club were able to run their old systems for years as well without problems. The only reason we upgraded at all was because our old systems were dying from being used 8-12 hours a day and 4-6 days a week. Of course when we got new systems, we had to get the best hardware we could. Almost everyone got good systems except for myself and the dayshift dj's who can't afford it.

As far as most other DJ's, I know when I first got VirtualDJ, I only purchased it so I could mix MP3's together properly using pitch control and beat matching. I didn't even start visually lining up audio until about 6 months down the line. This was also before I was trying to be a professional dj, at this point I was just a bedroom dj in my spare time. Now, almost a decade later, I've been live mixing video files. Even at this point though, I can't seem to find a driver combo with my laptop that works well with vdj7.

Lastly, I'm wondering how many people have given up on VDJ because of this memory issue. I know if I were in my 40's or 50's, I couldn't be bothered with coming to a forum to find a solution to my problem. Most older people would probably just work with the older system that is known to be stable and working and just pay someone to keep fixing it every time it broke something on it and then once the system finally took a total crap, switch to serato with video. That's just my 2 cents.

Mensajes Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 10:01 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)