Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: bug in renaming files

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When i rename a karaoke track that has an associated .cdg file, the .cdg files doesn't get renamed and thus breaks the karaoke file.

Mensajes Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 9:49 pm
VDJ does not manage karaoke (MP3+CDG). You can ZIP it fisr if you like then, rename that ZIP fille thru VDJ.

You can use 3rd party program like Latshaw KJ File Manager.

Mensajes Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 9:56 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
To clarify, VDJ identifies an mp3 file as a karaoke file if there is a cdg file with the exact same filename (aside from the file extension [mp3/cdg] of course) in the same directory. With this in mind, it is obvious that the karaoke file will 'break' as you describe if either of these files are renamed without the other. This is not a bug, just a false assumption by the user, and an easy assumption to make if you don't understand how it works.

As Magic mentioned, it is better to keep both files in a '.zip' archive so that you can treat them as a single file, and rename to your heart's content!

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 11:39 am
but its simply not feasible to zip all my karaoke files as i have thousands in different directories in mp3 cdg format.

Im aware that using vdj's rename to fix filenames 'breaks' the link to the cdg file.

Im asking for atomix to look into this and add this to issue into the rename function of vdj please.
Its not really a feature request but more of a bug with the rename funtion.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 11:48 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)