Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Headphone output

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

I am trying to split my sound output so that I can hear the left deck on my headphones and the right deck on my speakers.

However, when I plug in a sound splitter into my laptop and plug in both my headphones and my speakers into the splitter, I hear my left VDJ deck on my left speaker and the left ear of my headphone, and the right VDJ deck in the right speaker and the right ear of my headphone.

The Sound Setup Settings in VDJ Pro are correct (I assume?) With output on Headphones and Master: Left chan / Headphones: Right Chan.

The Soundcard configuration is 'Mono Separated'.

Does anybody know how to handle this?

Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 2:51 pm
You're using the wrong type of splitter cable.

The type you have is for sending the same stereo signal to two places.

What you need is a cable wired to send the left channel to one output and the right channel to the other.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 6:32 pm
OK thanks, do you happen to know what that kind of splitter is called?

This one says 'Stereo Splitter' on it!

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 3:01 am

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 3:25 am
You need a stereo to 2x mono splitter (See link above.)

A stereo splitter (Stereo to 2x stereo) is for sharing headphones allowing two users to listen to the same source and is not suitable for DJ use.

NOTE: Using a splitter cable will only give you MONO sound. A better solution if you are on a budget is to simply add a basic USB sound card to use for your headphones in a two sound card setup. If you are performing live gigs then a proper dedicated multi-channel sound card designed for DJ use is strongly recommended for best sound quality, such as Numark DJIO.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20with%20headphones.html

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 4:33 am
Thanks for the advice!!

Does my computer need to be equipped with certain sound card requirements to use the stereo to 2x mono cable?

And I'm thinking about purchasing a MIDI-controller with an audio output (instead of my current MIDI-controller, which only has a USB-port)... Would that help anything or would I still need either a mono-splitter or a USB-soundcard?

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 5:47 am
No, the splitter cable will work with any standard laptop headphone socket.

Providing that you are purchasing an all-in-one mixer-style MIDI controller (Like your current Hercules), then you don't need to use a splitter cable or another USB sound card. Its built-in sound card will provide master output and separate headphone pre-listening in stereo.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 7:56 am
dillonsPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I have tried this a number of different ways. 2 sound cards, splitting the signal, front and back. No matter what I do, I still get bleed through from the main output. I finally got it setup so that the pre-listen only goes to headphones. But as soon as I play something on either of the decks, I get that sound on headphones as well.

Any thoughts ?

The confirguration settings don't seem to work properly.

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 12:38 pm
It would help a lot if you provided some info on your setup.

What "two sound cards" did you use? What sound card are you using currently?

If you're using an onboard consumer grade audio system then you need to check that things like surround effects are disabled - as they can often "bleed" sound from one channel to another (as part of the effect).

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 1:26 pm
It's a new desktop unit with Windows 7 I5 processor
The on-board sound card is a Realtek HD Audio
I added a Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme but have since removed it trying to get the realtek to split front and back.

Just to give you a little background, for 10 years I was selling systems using a software called DJ Power using either SB Live or Audigy, I plan to convert all my customers over to Virtual DJ but I have to figure this issue out first.

Thanks for any help you might provide, I appreciate it !!

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 1:35 pm
OK so you're just using domestic consumer "home grade" sound....

For best results you should get yourself a sound card/audio interface that's designed for pro use, with two or more stereo outputs and an ASIO driver. That will give you higher sound quality, no bleeding of channels and lower latency.

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 1:41 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:27 pm
Ok Boys, Thanks for your help !!

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 8:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)