Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Interesting Info on

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

For some strange reason, one day out of nowhere, I started getting the notorious Error in the sound driver (DirectX/WDM)... message (see screen below) when the software was launching (it pops up during the Initializing Sound Engine stage).

Of course, when you get this error, you can't play any song from either deck (although everything else works). I immediately went to Config > Sound Setup to check my settings, thinking that I left it set at ASIO DRIVER from my last gig (I was at home at the time with no external sound card attached). However, everything looked fine (i.e., it was set to SIMPLE) after a quick glance. Then I started to panic, as I knew I hadn't changed any of my sound settings in the PC, and all other programs on my PC that used the sound card worked fine!

After running diagnostics and tests on the sound card with no indication of issues (I am running a HP laptop with Vista SP2), I decide to revisit the Config > Sound Setup screen again. Well, wouldn't you know - I finally saw the issue this time (see screen below).

As you can see, the selection box that normally is set to Primary Sound Driver was bank! Once I selected Primary Sound Driver in the selection box, all was good again!

What's really weird is that there is now way to select a blank choice in the box!!! I'm scratching my head on this one, but at least I was able to solve the issue.

P.S. To moderator - Can someone edit my topic header to say Interesting Info/Solution on Error in the Sound driver (DirectX/WDM)? For some reason, after I uploaded my images for this posting, the topic header got truncated. Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 9:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)