Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hercules MK4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows whether I can connect my MK4 to active subs, I am already using outputs 1+2 to link the mixer to my amp which powers my two passive speakers.

Many thanks.

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 4:54 pm
jamie.glover wrote :
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows whether I can connect my MK4 to active subs, I am already using outputs 1+2 to link the mixer to my amp which powers my two passive speakers.

Many thanks.

Mensajes Fri 08 Feb 13 @ 1:36 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Do you want to connect the sub and your speakers...? Then use this kind of adapter for each of your stereo outputs ...

greetz
rob

Mensajes Fri 08 Feb 13 @ 6:04 am
the actuall best way of doing this is to run your output line to a 4 channel mixer and then take the outs from there and run them to the speakers. It also depends on the speakers mackie has a lay out for linking active speakers in a passive mode. you can also chain speakers and or use splitters. I like using a sub mixer as I can adjust the amount of sub with out effecting the dj consol and give you control of the way the entire thing sounds and boost inputs and clear up mics as well.

Mensajes Fri 08 Feb 13 @ 10:48 pm
Hi, the speakers I have are passive and therefore will not run from the sub.

I will be purchasing a mixer in the future, for,the long term, however for the short term, will the subs be ok to run through the mk4 using a xlr male to rca? I am new to the game by the way and on a VERY tight budget at the moment.

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 4:54 am
What amplifier are you using?

If it's a PA power amp then it's probably got 'link' connections which you can use to forward the MK4 signal to the powered sub.

If it's a hifi amp then you could use the 'rec out' RCA sockets to forward the MK4 signal to the powered sub.

tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
run your output line to a 4 channel mixer

I disagree. There's no need for another mixer in the chain. It's not a very cheap solution, could just introduce additional noise, need more space, more connections, and not necessarily provide more outputs.

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 5:17 am
I use a power amplifier with an xlr input a & b to hand, how would I go about sending a signal to the mk4 then?

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 5:35 am
What amplifier is it????

As I stated, there are probably link outputs on it.

And you don't send the signal to the MK4, you send it to the sub.

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 5:40 am
Its an Ekho SX-400 amp

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 7:02 am
OK I can now see from pics on Google that it's got a pair of XLR inputs and a pair of jack inputs.

If you're using the XLRs then you should be able to use the jack sockets as link outputs to feed another amp or powered sub(s).

This is assuming that inserting jack plugs won't disable the XLR sockets. Check your manual. I couldn't find one online.

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 7:18 am
Im using the jack inputs to link the midi controller to the amp, so will the same apply for the xlr inputs?

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 7:26 am
Yes it should.

The only thing to bear in mind is that you might need to use "male to male" XLR cables, if the sub(s) only have XLR inputs.

If the sub's got XLR links too, then it won't be an issue.

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 7:58 am
The subs I want to get are the qtx qt15sa active subs and I believe it does have a male xlr connection. Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated.

Mensajes Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 8:29 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)