Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Bend Mode Scratch

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Mod - I may have placed this in the wrong forum. Please move to the correct forum if necessary...

I have a Denon 5500.
Currently when in the scratch mode the platter rotates, and when in the bend mode the platter is stationary.

When in the bend mode (platter stationary), I would like it to scratch instead of bend (basically duplicate the scratch mode).
What would be the string to do this?

Is there a string that I can use to have a really tight scratch sound?

The current 5500 mapping shows three "Denon_Platter" syntaxes, but there are no explanations as to what they do.

Thanks in advance,
Clay

Mensajes Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 7:53 am
Moved to hardware forum as requested.

Keith

Mensajes Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 8:04 am
Ok, let me rephrase it:

How can I remap the Denon 5500 to scratch instead of bend while in the bend (CD) mode?

Thanks,
Clay

Mensajes Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 3:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Denon 5500 has some special actions in the mapper for the jogwheels. (denon_platter). To my understanding what you ask can not be done. If you de-activate the Vinyl_mode with the JOGWHEEL button, then it will bend !

Mensajes Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 8:34 pm
That's correct DJDad!

And I would like the platter to stay stationary and scratch instead of bending when I press the jog button.
Basically it would be in scratch mode for both the vinyl and CD (jog) modes.

But like you mentioned, it may or may not be possible?

Mensajes Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 1:06 pm
DJDad (or anyone),

Is there a 'backdoor' way to use VDJ script to scratch?
I'm particularly looking for the Denon 5500, but it may also help everyone/anyone else.

Example type of script below if worded correctly may work?
(I don't think the example below will work, it's only a sample):

denon_platter 1 FWD ? scratch +50ms : denon_platter 1 REV ? scratch -50ms : nothing

I'm looking for a script that would emulate scratching while rotating the platter forward or reverse.
Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
Clay

Mensajes Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 8:02 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)