Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: New Denon Action Verbs

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I just downloaded v7.4 and have two Denon 5500's.
This 7.4 version was supposed to address the 5500's 'warbling' audio problem (which so far does not).

The 5500's have jogwheels (non touch sensitive).
I notice new actions were added in v7.4 for the Denon units:
motorwheel 'speed'
motorwheel 'invspeed'
What do these action verbs accomplish and where (what key?) should I try them in my Denon map?

Thanks in advance.
Clay

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 7:44 am
ClayDJ wrote :
This 7.4 version was supposed to address the 5500's 'warbling' audio problem

Was it? Who gave you that info?

FYI I'm in the same situation and am trying to get the issue sorted (it's been going on since 2009!).

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 7:57 am
No changes were made to the Denon DN-HS5500's in v7.4

The new actions were added to support the latest firmware for the DN-S3700 and the forthcoming firmware update for the DN-SC3900. They are not compatible with and will not work with HS5500.

It's possible that the HS5500 could be improved also, but given that the HS5500 is both old and discontinued, it's unlikely that this will be given high priority.

Upgrading to either the DN-S3700 or the DN-SC3900* is recommended (* SC3900 requires firmware update, which will be released soon by Denon.)

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 11:10 am
They may be old and discontinued but (just like the Technics SL1200) there are still people out there using them - and it's supposed to be a natively supported unit.

There are plenty of other controllers too which are discontinued but still in widespread use. Do Atomix expect people to just dump them and buy something new?

As I said in reply to an earlier comment from a teamer, some previous versions of VDJ did work fine with the HS5500, so something somewhere is broken. We're not asking for an "improvement", we're asking for a fix!

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 11:34 am
Below is a quote from the DEV Team for ticket #194771.
I have had an open ticket with them for some time now trying to solve this issue.

Quote:
Date: Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 3:17 am
Teamer: acw_dj

It may be working fine soon, Dev Team seems to have this fixed for other motor controllers, so It may run fine n here too. Stay tuned.

VirtualDJ Support Team
End quote.

Yes I understand the words "may be working fine soon" which tells me that they did not actually test with the 5500, but only 'hoped' that it would work.
Similar to what PhantomDJ mentioned;
It is unfortunate that an earlier version can work great for a controller but the later versions cannot.
Even with thousands of these 5500 units still out there working, one would think that VDJ would try and correct something that they already had fixed.
Since it has not been corrected yet, it looks like VDJ won't ever support the Denon 5500.
Looks like I have to purchase some new controllers or move to another app.

Clay

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 1:02 pm
Oops,
That should be GroovinDJ that I mentioned in my last post, not PhantomDJ.

Sorry about the mixup!

Clay

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 1:05 pm
The ticket above is from a member of support staff, not the development team. The response says 'may be working fine soon' and has been fixed for other motor controllers so may run fine here too' and to 'stay tuned' (I.e: While they find out more information and/or confirmation on the subject.)

As already stated, the changes in v7.4 are for Denon DN-S3700 and DN-SC3900 only to take advantage of new firmware features and capabilities. The HS5500 does not support this and will not be getting any further firmware updates as far as we are aware due to being discontinued.

As above, a fix for the the HS5500 might be possible in a future version, but this will depend on a number of factors:

• Availability of an actual unit for the development team to test with, which may or may not still be the case.

• Availability of resources to debug, implement and test a fix - There are much higher priorities at the moment including the forthcoming VirtualDJ v8.

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 1:34 pm
Support staff wrote :
Availability of an actual unit for the development team to test with

In a support ticket that I sent in January 2011, cstoll says "We are waiting for them [Denon] to ship us a unit", followed by "I just tested a maintenance version that has resolved the issue" in February 2011 - which I assume means Denon shipped a HS5500.

From the same ticket, cstoll then says (in March 2011) that version 7.0.3 "should resolve the platter issue".

Whether that unit had to be returned to Denon or not, I can't say.

If you'd like, I can list all the VDJ versions where the HS5500 was working fine. I can even film a video of it working (in VDJ 6.0.4 for example) and not working (version 7.4 and numerous others).

It seems odd to me that it can be working in one release then broken again in the next, then working, then broken.....ad infinitum.

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 2:17 pm
Groovindj: I have already tested a bunch of different versions of VDJ with the 5500 at the Team's request, and gave them the info on my previous ticket. Looks like it didn't help much though.

Teamer:
" a fix for the the HS5500 might be possible in a future version, but this will depend on a number of factors:"
Does not sound too reassuring.

Users were complaining about this issue from approximately version 6.05 plus.
We are now at v7.4.
If it has not been addressed in the 15 different versions after 6.04, why should one think it will be corrected now?

Instead of stringing along users with vague comments similar to; "it should work fine with this version", "we're working on it", or "we may support it in the future", why not just tell users that 'we will not be supporting this particular model until further notice'?

What about creating a 'non supported device' list?
Just trying to help out here so that you don't have to keep addressing this over and over...
Clay

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 4:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)