Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Converting wm3 files?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

after a google-marathon I'm here...

I found a great 400gb AUDIO collection in which there are .wm3 files.

Does anyone know how to convert them to mp3?
I use MAC...

Changing the extension .wm3 to .mp3 doesn't work.

(PS this extension is used for many things such as 3D modeling, video and audio but these files are Audio for sure)

Thank you,
Savas

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 13 @ 7:27 pm
If you 'found' it, then it is most likely illegal. Please support the artists and music industry by purchasing your music collection. If you are a working DJ and are caught using illegally obtained music, then both you and your venue could face prosecution, which could include a considerable fine.

In answer to your question though, .wm3 is not a common format for audio files. You would need to open them in an application that supports that type of file (E.g: 3D modelling software) and then re-save them as a standard audio format such as .mp3, .wav, etc. This would be quite a considerable task though, especially for 400Gb worth of audio. Much easier to purchase the music that you actually need legitimately and/or subscribe to ContentUnlimited audio plan.

Mensajes Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 11:37 am
Apparently his "friend" gave the files to him - which doesn't change anything.

Savas, the files still don't belong to you. Only the original purchaser (assuming they were actually purchased) has the legal right to use them.

Mensajes Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 12:26 pm
Hello,

thank you for the answer.

The collection is a gift from a friend... Friend! Who has bought all the files...
I also download pirate stuff sometimes-no reason for obvious lying.

Most of my collection tho is bought and I support supporting artists.

I'm happy to hear that you buy ALL your music :)

Thank you for the answers...

Savas

Mensajes Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 1:08 pm
If he is the one who paid for the files, then he is the only one entitled to use them.

Ownership of digital music cannot be transferred from one person to another.

Anyway, you should ask your friend about the files. Ask him what they are and what software or hardware he was using to play them.

No need to change the format. Just find out how he played them, then use the same player.

Mensajes Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 5:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)