Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Why is the DefaultScratchLatency setting so high?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm guessing if someone is running a slow system that might help out. I was on the Serato forum looking up some info calibration issues and there was some posts about VDJ compared to Itch is sluggish when scratching: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/179054

When I bought my NS7 I hated it with VDJ till I found out about this. Why can't this reg setting be set to 1024? I have helped a few users around town with this setting, they couldn't figure out why their controller's platter was so sluggish. I had returned a previous controller because I thought it was sluggish because of a design/driver issue.

thanks,
David
DJ Kavika

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 10:31 am
The default Scratch Latency is set where it is by default to work with a wide range of controllers as well as the mouse pointer (you will notice there is much less delay when using the mouse to scratch).

With so many devices being supported it is impossible to have a scratch latency value that will work with everything perfectly. The value of 1024 while being decent on a wide range of controllers, does not work with everything and can cause audio issues when scratching on some devices.

Mensajes Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 8:51 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, that is understandable, but it would be cool if there was a GUI setting in the config window for it. I know 8 should have something about it, but hopefully it sticks out like sound card latency.

thanks,
David

Mensajes Tue 23 Apr 13 @ 6:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)