Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Best Midi Controller to use with Timecode Vinyl

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Guys, I'm looking at upgrading virtual DJ and using a midi controller with Timecodes.

Basically i use timecodes with an External mixer and I want to add a controller to save using keyboard and mouse.

I currently have a

Maya44 soundcard
2 x 1210's
DJM 500

this works great but want the extra hardware to help with quick buttons like sync, loops, effects etc

Thanks in advance

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 3:51 am
....and your budget is?

Take a look at the Behringer CMD range. These are a series of same size controllers that have various sets of knobs, buttons, pads, faders etc. which you can connect together in whatever combination suits your needs.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/cmd-family-page.html

They were supposed to be out already (and a few people do have them) but shipping delays mean they'll probably be here late May / early June.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 4:29 am
VOXOA M60 or Pioneer DJM-T1 Huey has both. I'm sure he will chime in

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 4:52 am

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 9:22 am
Errrrr....why are you guys posting mixers and drum pads?

He's already got a mixer (DJM500) and is using turntables with timecode for control.

He said he wants to "add a controller....to help with quick buttons like sync, loops, effects etc".

I don't think it's very likely he'll want to swap a Pioneer mixer for ADJ (LOL!).

:-/

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 9:47 am
the djm 600 is a terrible mixer distorting the eq's over 0db, terrible feeling components and budget faders, I can only assume the 500 is just as bad.

If you just want a midi controller to add on I'd say the most versatile is the Xone K2. It is natively supported so you don't need to make a definition file for it and can relatively easily tweek the mapping to give you the control you crave..

I started out with a djm600 and Xone 1D it was good enough for most things, didn't like the mixer once I tried a Xone 92 and realized just how bad old pioneer gear is.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 11:10 am
groovindj wrote :
Errrrr....why are you guys posting mixers and drum pads?

He's already got a mixer (DJM500) and is using turntables with timecode for control.

He said he wants to "add a controller....to help with quick buttons like sync, loops, effects etc".

I don't think it's very likely he'll want to swap a Pioneer mixer for ADJ (LOL!).

:-/

He's looking for something that can control loops, sync, and effects and be used as a MIDI controller. The MXR mixers can do all of that and they run $199 and $299. Not going to find a controller (or an all in one mixer with those features) at those prices.

Or, he can keep the Pioneer mixer, and spend $60 on a nanopad, and map the buttons to do sync, effects, and loops.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 2:25 pm
synthet1c wrote :
I can only assume the 500 is just as bad.

Apparently it isn't. On another forum I frequent, a guy there who knows his onions says the 500 is better than the 600. He's had both, sold off his 600s and kept the 500(s).

--------------------------------------------------------

visionz5 wrote :
The MXR mixers can do all of that

Well they've got a few buttons... :-/

Considering that he never said anything about wanting a new mixer (especially a budget one) I doubt he's going to want to buy another mixer just to use it for loops and effects.

visionz5 wrote :
Not going to find a controller......at those prices.

Yes he can - very easily. There are numerous small USB MIDI controllers on the market that are ideal for a bit of extra control. There's no need whatsoever to buy a complete new mixer or spend 2-300 dollars.

Korg NanoKONTROL 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Icon i-Controls, Novation Dicer, Akai LPD8, Novation Nocturn and so on and so forth.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 2:57 pm
Guys, Thanks so much for you Feedback, much appreciated.

I will take a look at what you have suggested, My Budget is around £250

the behringer hardware looks the favourite for me. just have to wait until its available.

Thanks Again
Rob

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 3:50 pm
can some 1 help me set up my american audio 10 mrx mixer .when i have it on external and ues timecode it work fine everything work but when i dj on virtual dj radio its not working u can here me set up my mix so then i map the crossfader .so now when i do that i can not here it in the headphone the only way i here the music is when the crossfader is in the middle and then u here it in the headphone put when i put i left to right u do not here the music i want to set up so if the music is playing on ch1 and i go to set up ch2 i can not here it in the headphone unless i move the fader so can anybody help me with this problem thanks

Mensajes Sun 05 May 13 @ 3:46 pm
Please do not hijack topics by posting a message or question that is not related in any way. This topic is asking for advice on what's the best controller to use for timecode.

To open your own new topic, please click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the hardware forum topic list page.

Mensajes Sun 05 May 13 @ 7:18 pm
www.djtechtools.com

pick you up a midi fighter, the spectra (at $175 usd) has 16 buttons + 6 side buttons for effects and loops + 4 banks, total of 88 buttons that can be mapped to do whatever you'd like, plus it sends notes and cc's at the same time that can be mapped individually, it also has combos that can be mapped. so now your looking at 150+ mappings in a small 6x6 package with "unbreakable" sanwa arcade buttons.

i'll be releasing my remix mapping here in a few days which has 4 deck support strictly as a remix deck for those with tables or another controller with jogs (as this is how i use mine), i'm just trying to sort out the color effects, but i'll probably just release it early.

Mensajes Mon 06 May 13 @ 7:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)