Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Problem with mixing, using only software....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

JamesVvHome userMember since 2013
Hey folks, after a couple of months using the free version of Virtual DJ, I've got pretty good at mixing/beat-matching etc, but when it comes to
blending EQ's I'm having difficulty because of simply not being able to do 2 things at once. For instance, I'd like to be able to move the
crossfader, and turn up/down the low/mid/high ranges at the same time, but it seems like the only key commands I can use are the
PgUp/PgDn (or Ctrl PgUp/PgDn) crossfader options. That helps a little, but it acts like a nudge rather than a smooth transition from left to right
etc. Is there any way to have use of the crossfader via the keyboard that has a fluid motion like using the mouse.....OR.....alternatively, is
there a way of having key commands for the low/mid/high knobs, so I'm free to use the mouse for everything else? (Also, I thought the
Automix commands might help with my problem, but they seemingly did nothing when I tried it - not sure what I did wrong there) Thanks a
lot for any help ya'll can give me - Jamez

Mensajes Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 9:16 am
This is why people use controllers with VDJ, or send the outputs to an external mixer.

It needn't cost very much to buy yourself a controller which includes an LE version of VDJ - and you can then use the LE version to get a discount on upgrading to the full Pro version.

Mensajes Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 10:32 am

Mensajes Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 8:40 pm
Keys on a keyboard will also repeat at a set interval, so if you map an action such as crossfader or EQ knob movement to a key, it will move in steps at the keyboard's repeat rate. You can map it to move in smaller increments (E.g: crossfader -0.01% ) , but it will then move at a much slower rate.

The best solution that will also allow you to perform multiple actions at once more easily is to upgrade to a MIDI controller with real knobs and sliders.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 5:28 am
JamesVvHome userMember since 2013
Thanks for the help and advice everyone - just in case anyone else needs the same thing, you're going to want to do the following: Hit "Config", then "Mappers", then scroll down the bottom where you can make a "New" key command. Then for the eq, you'll want to write "deck 1 eq_low +5%" (or however fast/slow you want the eq to be changed), and then assign a key not already in use, then "deck 1 eq_low -5%" to crank it the opposite way. For the opposite deck, its the same command except it's "deck 2", (not leftdeck/rightdeck like I previously thought). For the crossfader, see the above post. I'll certainly be getting a controller in the future, but for the moment, this definitely helps a lot. There's also a big list of other "verbs" (actions) not already assigned to keys at http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html . Hope this helps anyone that had the same problem that I had.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 9:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)