Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: First time mac user

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

Just got a iMac, Installed 7.4 pro. Added a folder to Favorites, but when I close VDJ and restart, the favorite is no longer there, I have to re-added it.

Is this normal on the Mac?

Mensajes Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 4:32 pm

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 5:01 am
So basically, even though the Mac can read the PC formatted NTFS hard drive, it can not write to it. I have to format for MAC!

That sucks!

Balvinder - DJ Bally
Atlanta

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 11:15 pm
NTFS is a Microsoft specific format and Mac doesn't support writing to it natively.

There are 3rd party tools for Mac that enable writing to NTFS (Search Google for mac write to ntfs for further details), but converting it to native Mac format is the best option if you only use it with Macs now.

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 5:03 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
If you are talking about a external harddrive, i would advice you to format it with exFat!
You can select exFat on Windows side when you try to format a drive ;-)

This will allow you to use a external harddrive on PC and Mac side without a problem.
Also that way is no additional tool needed ;-)

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 5:43 am
Thank you all!

By exFAT you mean FAT32?

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 2:02 pm
What are the cons of using Fat32?

Mensajes Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 12:06 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

I use exFat because you can format a external harddrive with a Windows computer.
It's available by default when you try to format a harddrive.

But Fat32 is in general nearly the same.

These type of formats are needed on Mac OS side to get get propper results or better to

You also can use just the Mac OS provided formats, but then you can't use a external harddrive with a Windows computer.
WHY Apple goes that way, please ask Apple ;-) or on the other hand Microsoft :-P

I only can advice you to use exFat or Fat32, because you can use then th external harddrive on both worlds without a problem.
At the moment i use from 500GB - 1TB to 2TB external harddrives and also a 2x2TB as a 4TB volume without a problem.

Mensajes Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 2:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)