Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: How to sync vdj with traktor

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have the vci 400 and I want to use decks A and B to play music from vdj and decks C and D for the remix decks of traktor. Could someone explain how can make vdj and traktor sync bpm together?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 2:27 am
you won't be able to as VDJ's midi clock doesn't work. VDJ8 will have a radically improved sampler that will do everything traktor's sample decks can do and more. In the mean time the only way you could get that sort of functionality is to use the software traktor emulates, Ableton.

You can use rewire to pass the beatgrid and transport information between the programs, although another shortfall is that you can only use midi controllers in one program not both, but that will change in the new version as well.

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 2:31 am
synthet1c wrote :
you won't be able to as VDJ's midi clock doesn't work. VDJ8 will have a radically improved sampler that will do everything traktor's sample decks can do and more. In the mean time the only way you could get that sort of functionality is to use the software traktor emulates, Ableton.

You can use rewire to pass the beatgrid and transport information between the programs, although another shortfall is that you can only use midi controllers in one program not both, but that will change in the new version as well.

Thanks a lot for your help! I think I will wait for vdj 8.

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 2:35 am
synthet1c wrote :
VDJ's midi clock doesn't work.

Not true!

VDJs MIDI clock does work on PCs. It's only Mac where there's an issue.

I've tested it and had it running myself on PC, so I know it works.

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 4:56 am
I haven't tried for a year or so. I'll have to remember that for later.. Cheers Groovin!

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 5:01 am

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 5:07 am
So I try it and it is possible! Vdj was the master and traktor the slave. There were only two issues. Latency (can be adressed if one has higher specs on its laptop) and the fact that traktor calculates in real time the midi signal its recieves so in traktor the bpm slightly keep changing around vdj's bpm.

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 9:57 am
very usefull thanks

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 7:55 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)