Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: White noise on right channel. Music on left.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just installed on my ripping station. Aside from looking VERY different, the sound has a hiss only on the right side. Left side sounds normal.

HD audio built in. Even checked make sure 16b 44.1k was selected on the sound card.

EDITED - Shared mode waspi needs setting.

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I installed on my home PC (standard built in soundcard) and I have white noise on both decks. I can't find a setting to increase latency or whatever I need to do.

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:29 pm
Can you try to enable "wasapisharedmode" in options ?

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:32 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Can you try to enable "wasapisharedmode" in options ?

Fixed, why that wouldn't be set to "yes" by default is a mystery to me.

I've never heard that term before "wasapisharedmode"...

Thanks

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:35 pm
Can you please both tell me what soundcard you use ?

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:36 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:37 pm

bagpuss wrote :
why that wouldn't be set to "yes" by default is a mystery to me.

DJs would usually want their DJ software to have exclusive access to the audio interface.

That's the way ASIO normally works, and even when using onboard audio you wouldn't normally want to risk sound from other places playing over your DJ output.

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:38 pm

I run VDJ on a home system for gig prepping and testing bootlegs etc which is quite different from performing live as I would on a laptop, given that this option is quite hidden and will become a recurring issue unless the setting is altered or placed in the soundcard settings.

Of course I prefer ASIO mode, although using it had been a problem with many soundcards in the past (with VDJ), hopefully those days are now gone.

And of course a dedicated machine with windows sounds disabled solves everything.

The soundcard came with the desktop (via high definition audio) nothing fancy.

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:57 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Keep in mind that a great number of new controllers from Numark and other brands do not come with a dedicated Asio driver anymore, but use the windows built in Wasapi driver. Wasapi differs from the old wdm driver and can also offer low latency audio like Asio, that's why we made 'exclusive mode' the default.
To offer the best possible performance and lower latency for these controllers.

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:33 pm

It may not fit in with the format, but for me an option like this should be on the Audio page.

It stands to reason that most people would install this on a home computer without any gear connected initially, bit of a banana skin if you ask me.

Mensajes Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)