Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

spaciumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'll have to sell the 3700?

Mensajes Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 12:30 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey guys,
I'm really sad about the updates for the dn s3700. I tried to use them with VDJ 8, yesterday and I had more hard crashes than before the last updates. VDJ 8 froze directly after being started after one crash. Moreover, the hot cues only work on one player.
The only positive aspect I can mention is that the platters seems to work now.

Of course I could use them with VDJ 7, but the scratchwaves improvements, which are great, are quite important for me. At the moment I am thinking sometimes about selling them.

Mensajes Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 5:57 am
You know... I totally support the dev team and everything that's being done. That being said, it is a bit frustrating to not have any updates on the matter. I think all we want to know is whether a fix is ACTUALLY in the works. I realize it might sound like a dumb question but it seems a bit unusual that it's taking this long since the software was launched.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 9:02 am
The platters still glitch for me. I can still find bugs left and right in 7.4. I haven't used another dj program, but I will say VDJ is a very unstable program, and not very quality.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 11:00 am
That's rubbish. The 3700s which i have been using for a VERY long time are perfectly fine with 7.4. Very stable and trouble free. Check your setting or ask them for help.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 2:23 pm
DigiCon wrote :
That's rubbish. The 3700s which i have been using for a VERY long time are perfectly fine with 7.4. Very stable and trouble free. Check your setting or ask them for help.

Thats right, I can use my 3700s in combination with vdj 7.4 without any issues. I have only bugs in VDJ 8, when I hold the platterns still then it just slowly moves backwards...

Mensajes Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 4:55 am
Really... Still no update whatsoever with the 3700s. I check in once in a while hoping there will be some progress.

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 1:58 pm
DigiCon wrote :
Really... Still no update whatsoever with the 3700s. I check in once in a while hoping there will be some progress.

I was wondering the same thing this morning. I decided to give it another go, and it seems to be working pretty good now. Only been testing for a few minutes, but it seems pretty tight. This thread has been quiet for a while now. Has anyone had any success with the recent builds with some long-term testing? Anyone gigging with 3700s yet?

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 2:09 pm
I tested it for 2 hours and there are still some issues with the platter. If you hold it still, the scratchwave slowly moves forward or backward.

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 3:39 pm
That's unfortunate. Well it's definitely come a long way from my first time trying it out. Maybe it will be 100 soon.

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 3:57 pm
spaciumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
motorWheellinstantPlay not work

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 12:31 am
Been testing for a couple of days now, and the only thing I've noticed is a very slight sticker drift. Is there anything that I can adjust to minimize it?

Mensajes Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 12:36 pm
Still waiting to see if anyone knows of anything that I can tweak to get rid of sticker drift when using 3700s. Is it something that we will just have to adjust to? Is it just the 3700 itself?I've been following the timecode thread, and apparently drift has been eliminated. Can the same thing be done with these units?

Mensajes Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 1:03 pm
Since I haven't heard anything I decided to go back and check some things. I get 0 sticker drift on my 3700 when using them in mp3 mode, so it's not them. I also went back and checked version 7, and I'm getting drift there also. Is it possible for v8 to affect v7, because I wasn't experiencing it before. Some feedback would be nice.

Mensajes Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 11:55 am
godj30349 wrote :
Since I haven't heard anything I decided to go back and check some things. I get 0 sticker drift on my 3700 when using them in mp3 mode, so it's not them. I also went back and checked version 7, and I'm getting drift there also. Is it possible for v8 to affect v7, because I wasn't experiencing it before. Some feedback would be nice.

Hey!
Are you talking about the issues I described before? So, if you held your hand on a wheel, which should make the song stop, that the song then is very slowly moves forward (sometimes also backwards). Do you mean this with "drifting"?
I really would like to test my 3700s at Friday because I have seen that there were some patches and fixes to motorized jogwheels.

Quote :

Build 1949 (09/07/14)
- new timecode engine
- adjustable settings in config->options->timecode
- faster LED refresh on MIDI/HID controllers
- improvements on the motorized jogwheels engine

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 7:09 am
When I hold the jogs i don't get the forward/backward creeping anymore. Its only when scratching, back spinning (turntablism), etc that the sticker on my wheel begins to move. I usually cue tracks with the sticker at 12 o'clock. It slowly drifts to 1 or 2 after a few releases. It could be that the problem you are talking about still exists, but in a form that is not as noticeable when holding the wheel in place.

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 9:00 am
godj30349 wrote :
When I hold the jogs i don't get the forward/backward creeping anymore. Its only when scratching, back spinning (turntablism), etc that the sticker on my wheel begins to move. I usually cue tracks with the sticker at 12 o'clock. It slowly drifts to 1 or 2 after a few releases. It could be that the problem you are talking about still exists, but in a form that is not as noticeable when holding the wheel in place.

I am going to try it tomorrow. Your first sentece seems to say that the issue I was talking about was solved.

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 10:05 am
Yes, I believe that it was resolved. The sticker drift is a little irritating, but it is not a deal breaker. It would still be awesome if it could be resolved as well.

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 1:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could you guys give another round of tests with the latest build and report back of any issues left ?

Thank you

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:35 pm
Everything looks good when just scratching. I can hold the same sticker position for as long as I care to test it. When it takes a few revolutions to get back to your start point is where the problem seems to present itself. What are the suggested settings? Can I change something like motorwheel lock time? Is it realistic to think that I should be able to rewind back to the beginning from any point in a song, no matter how far, and expect the sticker to be in the same place? Other than that it appears to be working fine. I haven't attempted to gig with it, so my time has been pretty much spent on turntablist type stuff.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 6:26 pm
49%