Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Lyrics

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Found a new feature to get lyrics (obviously for non-karaoke tracks) and virtualdj8 will scroll them on the video output line by line.
seems like a handy feature as sometimes i get a random demanding the mic to sing-a-long to whats playing.. then the demand i put the words up on screen (like i always had a magic lyric button before)

So, now we can put the words up, but can we have a toggle action to hide the words once were done without going to edit tag and deleting lyrics??

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:45 pm
Please share your method for doing this?

This is something I've been trying to find a good way to do for a while with certain tracks.
Are you using the video editor to add lyrics as a video track or have you found a way to do it purely based on syncing some form of lyrics file?

Best,
Ross

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:24 pm
Tag editor. Click the little dot to the right of the filename box.

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:28 pm
No, using the tag editor, at the bottom of its window you see the filename. To the right is a spot, right clicking gives options to rename your file with the edits you might have made (etc) and the option for lyric download is here too.

Once it has successfully got the lyrics a brief popup will say so (for about 1.5 seconds.) And when you load that track and have video out running you will see the lyrics.

A command that I could map a custom button to or a keyboard action to toggle these lyrics would be handy please Atomix :)

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:32 pm
Sorry groovindj you replayed faster than me with my tablet.. Hehe

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:34 pm
DanCattPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Were you able to add your own lyrics, i.e. tell VDJ where the download the lyrics from?

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:33 am
No, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

When you click on the option, it just disappears. Nothing to show you that something is downloading, or where from. After a few seconds a box pops up and says that it was successful. Again, no info on where those lyrics are stored (they don't show in the tag editor), no option to edit them etc.

Now the 'download lyrics' option says 'delete lyrics'.......but that's it.

EDIT OK now this'll make you laugh! I just played back the track that I used as a test while typing the comments above - and the lyrics are in Japanese!!!

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:56 am
Must have been a Vapours track ;)

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:12 am
Could've been Chinese.....

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:18 am
been awhile since i used that feature but should overlay lyrics in the video out if you download lyrics to the track ..
(karaoke style.. )

tested one just now with rihanna - pon de replay.. . instant karaoke magic for a regular audio track ;)
(and you could add a background image too, if you want it even more "karaoke like" )

Editing the lyrics/lyrics timer, etc might be something for 8.1 (its on the idea list) - for now it queries huge databases of lyrics, and works great for standard top 40 stuff

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:35 am
Yes, it's OK if it works - but it would be embarrassing to download lyrics for someone who wanted to sing, then find on playback that the lyrics were in another language!

There should be a way to see (or set) where the lyrics come from, a visible indication that the download is working, and info on where the lyrics are stored (and an option to see them/edit them).

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:41 am
well would of course need to either prepare for your collection before a gig, or take a look first ;) its after all just a free download service, even quite hidden extra candy ... For proper proffesional karaoke content, one should use Content Unlimited http://www.virtualdj.com/products/contentunlimited.html

it is what it is ;) works great for top 40 songs .. and can be cool for the odd track that's not in your karaoke collection, make your own so to speak.. or for fun at a home party or what not

(edit lyrics, redo timer etc might be something to come, its been thought of and on the idea list - but for now it grabs lyrics by query huge databases online.. results may vary)

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:42 am
OK, so how about adding the lyrics yourself?

There's a lyrics ID3 tag. If I were to find my own source of lyrics and paste them to the tag, could they be sent to the screen the same way?

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:46 am
might be something to come also .. the video editor with lyrics part incorporated is on the idea list.. ;)

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:47 am
groovindj wrote :
OK, so how about adding the lyrics yourself?

There's a lyrics ID3 tag. If I were to find my own source of lyrics and paste them to the tag, could they be sent to the screen the same way?

+1 on this!

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:49 am
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
NOW 2016!!!!
still waiting on this pleeeaaaaasssseeeeeee
thnx lol

Mensajes Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 12:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)