Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: POI Editor explanation needed.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
OK I have the BPM editor down...yay!! And I have (through trial and error) figured out some of the stuff in the POI Editor. I have the following down pat:

- Beat Grid Anchor
- Hot Cue
- Load Point

Now; I have read the VDJ 8 user guide through (cover to cover) but still need a more thorough explanation for the following:

- Remix Point VS Automix Point
- Mix Full Start Point
- Mix Full Exit Point
- Mix Fade Start Point
- Mix Fade Exit Point
- Mix Cut Start Point
- Mix Cut Exit Point
- Mix Tempo Start Point
- Mix Tempo Exit Point

Now I'm a pretty smart guy but I am ready to kill if I can't set up an autoplay set the beatmixes between the songs with a long fade. Everytime I set the enter and exit points it is ignored when playing in automix. Plus there are no fades just cuts between tracks.....arg!

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:24 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm following this closely. The POI editor has become my favorite feature.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:11 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
+1

Mensajes Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 6:25 am

Mensajes Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 6:42 am
doughtsHome userMember since 2011
After several trial and error tests I found out that each pair/type of automix cue is made for an specific type of automix. Also the automix modes have some kind of hierarchy of cue types. That way if its "preferred" cue type is not present it will use the next one in the hierarchy as a replacement.
This is the hierarchy table I found:

Automix Type | Cue Type Hierarchy

Smart | +Tempo+ > Cut > Fade > Full > "Default Cue Pair"*
Fade (Rem. Intro/Outro) | +Fade+ > Full > "Default Cue Pair"*
Fade (Remove Silence) | +Full+ > "Default Cue Pair"*
Fade (Remove Nothing) | +"Default Cue Pair"*+
None (Back-To-Back) | None

+ Preferred cue type.
* The "Default Cue Pair" consist in a preset pair of cue that Virtual DJ uses in case it can't find any automix start/end cue on the track. It consists of the following settings:
Start: 16s inicial fade, starting from the beginning of the song.
End: last Automix Length Time selected, finishing at the end of the song.

The start and end cues are independent; so you can have different kind of cue's hierarchy on each of them (i.e. you can remove the start/end automix cue to make it use the next one on the hierarchy without affecting the start/end cue).

I confess I was disappointed when I found out that each automix type have its set of cue type/pair. I was hopping we could use all of them (or at least some of them) to have a finesse control on the automix mode (e.g. define the start and duration of the fade before or after a defined mix point). Something like this:

|--Fade Start |--Full Start ^v^v MUSIC BODY ^v^v |--Fade End |--Full End
.............................................................|--Fade Start |--Full Start ^v^v MUSIC BODY ^v^v|--Fade End |--Full End

Or even having the option to make the "Fade Start" section adapt to the tempo of the previous music, using, maybe, the "Tempo Start/End" cues on those places instead...
That's just me daydreaming, but it would be cool to have those options... I might post that as a suggestion some other day. :P

Anyway, I hope that table helps you guys. If you find a different behavior/use/error for the automix cues types let us know. :)

See ya!

OBS: Sorry for the poor english; it's not my mother language. :)

Mensajes Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 1:36 am
Gotta say that the explanation of this in the software documention is brutal. I try to use automix a lot but the settings seem to be all over the map when you drag a bunch of tunes into the playlist and many times the song is half over at the mix in point. Seeing all these settings in the "Points" section of POI with no intutive understanding of how these make your automix behave is very poorly implemented, I really like the YouTube seminars - why not do one on this very overly complex arrangement so I don't have automix playlists firing off at the wrong times and I can beging to trust the automix. Thanks OP for raising this issue and doughts for partially explaining (maybe a little too technical/sparse for me) and giving me a start at least. I am still a bit confused about your hierarchy explanation and am trying to muddle thru this somewhat by trial and error. It has at least given me to work with so thanks!

Mensajes Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 4:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For the automix you would like to use the automix editor. Not the poi editor.
To get to the automix editor right-click a track in the automix list and choose “automix editor“ from the context menu.

Mensajes Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 1:18 pm
I use automix remove silence the most. Which poi do I need to use to set mix in and out points?

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 5:01 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
as already mentioned above ... best way is to use automix editor

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 1:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
When using remove silence, vdj uses the 'Mix full start' and 'Mix full exit' points, so adjusting these will change the mix in and out points for that song.

The automix editor can also be used, but it's specific to that pair of songs, so can be more work to get right.

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 6:20 pm
Mehdi932ControlleristMember since 2012
ProfLee wrote :
I'm following this closely. The POI editor has become my favorite feature.

Me too xD !

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 11:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)