Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Un-adjustable Crossfader & uncontrollable pitch funtions - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

maui doHome userMember since 2013
Downloaded dj8.Can't seem to make adjustments to the crossfader.On dj7 it was pretty simple to adjust the timing, speed and lenght. Also the auto-pitch engages even in off mode once again never had this problem with v7.Tried to communicate with technical support. They're position thus far has been we don't handle dj8 and thats after a day and a some ticket bull#!!**?.I then get referred here,so much for customer service. Well since I'm here (who knows where that is) are there're any suggestion regarding these to software related issues. Thanks So Much

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
Check that you don't have autoBPMMatch disabled - if you pitch faders are locked.

Can you explain a little more about your issues with the other faders?

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
Thank You very much for responding.As far as the auto- crossfader issue I would like to slow down the action.On v7 I can go to auto cross lenght and control it that way on v8 I can't find it.Also on v7 I can go to auto pitch matching and disengage this function.On v8 even though pitch match has been disengaged when I use auto crossfade it re-engages.

Mensajes Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are we talking about Automix features here ?
If you're referring to the auto_crossfade action, then this doesnt change the pitch of the songs.
Could you please describe in detail ?

Mensajes Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:00 pm
No, what i'm referring to in v7 when i hit alt+ space bar this would engage my crossfader from deck to deck.I could go into options, auto-cross length and
adjust the speed from 0 to 16 sec. pitch was set from -33% to +33%. Also auto-pitch matching was disabled. This configuration allowed me the flexibility i like. On v8 i can't FIND the auto-cross length settings.Also it seems like the tolerance factors ( plus and minus) for the pitch range are not there.Hope this gives more details to work with. Once AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:56 pm
To disable or enable the pitch/BPM matching , you need to enable/disable the setting autoBPM in Options
To select a different pitch-range, click on the small round button next to the PLAY-CUE-SYNC buttons , which offers a menu for the deck options. You will find pitch range in there.

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:21 pm
Key features and pitch control has feedback when you slow it down or speed it up…only sounds perfect when in original BPM…..

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:54 pm
I get that. I've managed to disengage this feature some how.Still can't adjust speed time for crossfader (other than full, smooth etc.) like I could on v7's auto cross feature.Maybe this feature is not included on v8.Hope it does become available very useful feature.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:31 am
I get that. I've managed to disengage this feature some how.Still can't adjust speed time for crossfader (other than full, smooth etc.) like I could on v7's auto cross feature.Maybe this feature is not included on v8.Hope it does become available very useful feature. Which is my main problem.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:33 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Are you talking about the v7 script action mix_now?

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:02 pm
RazhellPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hallo,
also I've this situation unclear: in VDJ7 using "mix_now" we obtain a smooth mix from a deck to the other using the beatsync, ( the 2nd deck is started and sync if is in pause mode) in this case the mix time is set in the options menu by the "Auto-cross Lenght slider" from 2 to 16 sec c.a.
In vdj8 the MIX_NOW is also available, but how We can change the mix time because is too fast ? ( 2 seconds), please dont ask us to use auto_crossfade because is not the same thing . 8-)
Cheers
RAz

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:24 pm
RazhellPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Razhell wrote :
Hallo,
also I've this situation unclear: in VDJ7 using "mix_now" we obtain a smooth mix from a deck to the other using the beatsync, ( the 2nd deck is started and sync if is in pause mode) in this case the mix time is set in the options menu by the "Auto-cross Lenght slider" from 2 to 16 sec c.a.
In vdj8 the MIX_NOW is also available, but how We can change the mix time because is too fast ? ( 2 seconds), please dont ask us to use auto_crossfade because is not the same thing . 8-)
Cheers
RAz

Help please

Mensajes Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:47 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I play videos and I always use audio crossfader when I mix two songs, the video crossfader is on "auto video crossfade". In VDJ7 this went smoothly, but in VDJ8 with some transitions it immediately crossfades the picture when I touch the audo crossfader. Let's say I mix left deck to right deck and in the beginning both the audio and video crossfaders are on the left side. Now when I start to mix, I move audio crossfader to the right a bit. In this point, auto crossfader immediately moves the video fader to 75% right or 100% right depending on transition. That does not look good especially if I gradually mix from left to right and move slowly audio crossfader to the right. auto crossfader should always move to in the middle 50% during the mix and then to the 100% when mixing is finished. THis should be configurable. Also the crossfader speed. Now its too fast and goes too far to the right,

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:22 am
jk2000PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have exactly the same need... I want the VDJ 7 option in which I could set up the TIME for auto crossfade (mix_now if you wish). That is, when you press ALT+SPACE for crossfading audio from track A to track B... NOT AUTOMIX for the AUTOMIX list. It was a very useful feature!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE IT AWAY!!!!?!??!

PLEASEEEE GET THIS OPTION BACK ON!!! 2 SECONDS IS RIDICULOUSLY FAST!!! I NEED TO MIGRATE TO VDJ8 BUT THIS OPTION IS A MUST!!!!

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 11:21 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
So maui do and the others are talking about mix_now and to get the chance to enlarge the duration of the crossfader moving, right?

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 2:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you guys try to adjust the "fadeLength" setting?

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 2:40 am
Keep in mind that most of the new native video transitions handle the duration of video mixing on their own. So with auto video crossfader enabled as soon as you start mixing using the audio crossfader, it will move the video crossfader to the other side in a pre-defined amount of time. For those video transitions like Drain for example, it makes no sense to have less duration as the transition certainly wont look good if you leave the crossfader in the middle for a long time.
If you wish that not happening, apparently you will need to use the video transitions that dont have this forced behavior or use the LINK instead of the AUTO.

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:29 am
dj rotaHome userMember since 2007
Hello guys,its my first time on this forum,But did you managed to solve the (Auto crossfader length)? Well if not this is how i did mine
Go to config,controllers,you will see mapping,select Keyboard,scroll down and look for deck 1 auto_crossfade and deck 2 auto_crossfade,Just click on deck 1 auto_crossfade,Then go to action and add a desired duration in ms,like the way i did mine (deck 1 auto_crossfade 8000ms)
Repeat same thing on Deck 2.
Hope this will help you
Thanks
Dj Rota

Mensajes Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 11:00 am
I would like to slow down the length of the crossfade as do some of the others. DJ Rota spoke of a way to do this in Ver8 but the instructions get lost as soon as I get to the mapping step. First let me say I am using the space bar to mix back and forth between decks. I have mapped the space bar under controllers and set it to mix_now_nosync. The trouble is, it mixes to fast. I would like to slow it down.
DJ Rota says:
Click Config
Click Controllers (I assume it is ment the Controllers on the Left side of the Config Window)
Look for Mapping (I assume that is Mapping at the top right of the the Config Window)
Scroll Down to find deck 1 and deck 2 (This is where I am lost. I can't find deck 1 or deck 2)
Set deck 1 to 8000ms
Do The same to deck 2

Can anyone explain how to find deck 1 and deck 2 in order to add the 8000ms. In addition what is the max and min it can be set at.

Mensajes Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 9:39 pm
mix_now doesnt take any ms , so try to map your SPACE bar as ..
auto_crossfade 6000ms & mix_now_nosync
and choose a different ms amount if that is too slow or fast for you

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 9:30 am
77%