Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Filter Folders nestable?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Can you please add the capability of making "Filter" folders nestable in the same way "Virtual" folders are?
I would like to have one blue root folder in the tree called Filters, with all of my entries in it. (Right now they're stored in a red virtual folder. :-(

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:47 pm
That's not very logical....

Virtual folders emulate real ones. Real folders are for storing things.

Filter folders don't actually store anything, they just filter it. If a filter folder had other folders inside, it wouldn't be a filter folder any more!

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:11 pm
Um, that may be true, but I'd like to put all my filters in a hierarchy, instead of having a mess of 30 of them down the browser list. I'm asking for nesting for organizational purposes, not combining them for cumulative results.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:38 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It is logical.

filter "Rock": "genre contains rock or genre contains metal"
| -> sub filter "80s rock": "year >=1980 and year <1990"
| -> sub filter "90s rock": "year >=1990 and year <2000"

It's especially good if you haver different type of gigs or nightclub where you play and they have diffrent rules waht to play. So on root filter you have _all_ that is suitable and in subfilter only certain things per filter.

Another way to do this would be named filters which could be referenced from other filters. For example:

"Rock": "genre contains rock or genre contains metal"
"90s rock" : filter 'Rock' and year >=1990 and year <2000
"2000s rock" : filter 'Rock' and year >=2000 and year <2010

etc

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:38 am
Yeah, I see what you mean guys.

For example, I have a filter folder for '70s' and more filter folders for '70s rock', '70s pop' and so on.

It would be tidier to have them nested.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:49 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
BTW,

you could create Filter Folders in PHYSICAL Folders !

Create a FF in your 80's folder on the drive with filter like top 20 nbplay - as a result you see the Top 20 of this special selected folder ;-)

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:53 am
That's no use to me. I don't have a physical folder called 80's.

I don't organise my music with physical folders because VDJ does the organising. :-)

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:39 am
Actually, I do have them in a physical folder right now, but it's the wrong color. Perhaps it would have been easier to ask to make folders different colors as well. ;-)

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, let me get this one..Your issue is that you need the Root to be blue colored ? since you can nest Filter FOlders inside a Virtual folder and probably name it as Myfilters, i really dont see the issue here.

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
I would be also very welcome nested filters/queries. My purpose is to play at partner dancing parties. In a West Coast Swing party, I would need a different set of songs (with few overlaps) than in a Zouk, Kizomba or Salsa party. The dances would be the top level of filters. And I could have a different set of subfilters for different kind of parties.

Mensajes Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 10:16 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)