Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Remove shadow in the wave track - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, I come from the Spanish forum and many users say the same about that shadow in the wave track. Please could remove it or give instructions to do so. It is very confusing to see where the beat falls to mix with that shadow that hides the wave. Thank you.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
+1 for that, it's only cosmetic and it's a hindrance.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:52 am
Yes please remove it... or option to turn it off. I always think I'm at a mix point in the song when I look quickly

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:05 am
i like it as it is for sure.. gives a bit of texture, and looks better on the full color waveform spectrum ;)
As well as making it easier to see the spot

But could maybe be optional ;)

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:15 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
i like it as it is for sure.. gives a bit of texture, and looks better on the full color waveform spectrum ;)
As well as making it easier to see the spot

But could maybe be optional ;)

The reference line is good, the problem is the shadow. If you look closely, hidden wave and seems to be a point of slope, what as known as djs mixing point. It removed or added as an option to remove it.

Thanks and regards friends.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:31 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
The dev team is extremly busy 24h, 7days a week...bugs and crashes have major prior at the moment, cosmetic minor...
so let´s have a solid base, walls and roof before we talk about the curtains...;-)

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:39 am
RobRoy wrote :
The dev team is extremly busy 24h, 7days a week...bugs and crashes have major prior at the moment, cosmetic minor...
so let´s have a solid base, walls and roof before we talk about the curtains...;-)

It is true and you are right, no trouble with this but it is a contribution for their consideration. Greetings.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:48 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
agree...but as norway mentioned:

could maybe optional...;-)

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 11:05 am
Wasted programming for something no one wants, no one asked for. Yea, I keep thinking the break is coming! Accuracy/functionality over looks any day!

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:31 pm
vdbocPRO (legacy)Member since 2013
I just want to add that this shadow issue is more than just cosmetic. Some people have implied that since it's cosmetic, it should be put on a distant back burner. True, matters like the software locking up are more urgent, but this is in fact a matter of usability and does deserve attention at some point. It should be relatively easy to allow the OPTION for simple waveform shading without the shadow, like previous versions. There are many ways in which VDJ8 is more difficult to use than VDJ7, and this is one of those.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 3:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I agree, I think the policy is 'fix what we can when we can' so I guess it will make the cut soon If possible, V7 aspects should be saved and optional, if a perceived improvement is implemented.
This being one of them another being the limiter.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 3:45 pm
Completely agree with your comments. Thank you for supporting this issue that at first glance is just cosmetic, however it is important to remove that shadow that fools the precision of the cut. Regards

Mensajes Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:23 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree on the shadow, I keep thinking a quiet part of the song is coming up. What I would like to see is the part of the song that has been played, maybe dim it a bit. I'd almost say have it turn grey so there is a distinct difference, but someone may still want to see the color.

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 9:04 am
seml0RControlleristMember since 2011
+1 on removing this shadow :) Thanks!

Mensajes Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 3:05 pm

Mensajes Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 6:32 pm

Mensajes Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 6:55 pm
+1.

As mentioned before, it does fool you into thinking you are coming up to a quiet bit of the song, and makes it a bit more difficult to see the actual track.

Also appreciate that the dev team have other important things to work on at the minute.

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 4:00 am
+1

it should be just a single line with an opposite colour to the waveform colour (for example using inverted colours).

for example something like this could be good: http://oi62.tinypic.com/20aezp4.jpg

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 9:46 pm
wynchesPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 9:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even though i do believe that looking at the shaded needle of the song position (progress bar) makes you think that a silent part is coming up, i cant really believe that you are using the song progress bar as a mixing tool. Its there to show 2 things. A rough song structure and the current playing position (helps you see at a glance if the tracks reaches the end etc). The size/width that the progress bar has in almost all available skins, is really not that handy to get details on what is coming up on the next few beats.. A detailed report of what is coming in the next few seconds/beats is what the rhtyhmwave and the scratchwaves show on the top.
Do i miss something here ?

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:17 pm
19%