Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: How to tag multiple genres correctly

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have created filter folders to show songs by genre. All good so far, but.
What is the correct way to add multiple genres to a song. How should each genre be separated in the genre box.

For example 80's and house

80's, house
80's/ house
80's; house

I am asking this so that I can tag everything as I want it, and so that I can have virtual folders that contain multiple genres.

Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:09 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
80's, house;80's/ house;80's; house, all in the genre field will give you a search result, providing you set that field as a searchable field under browser search settings.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:47 pm
Hi, I don't want to have the genre as a searchable field, I want to be able to have a virtual folders that contain music of various genres.

For example, I have a virtual folder for jazz, and my virtual folder script is, genre =jazz.
This works fine.

I have one for electro house, and my script for this is genre ="electro house"
This works fine.

But I am wondering if I should have anything between my genres in the genre box. ie, ,/-; etc.

Should my genres just be divided by a space.

80's jazz funk

rather than 80's, jazz, junk

Not sure if I have explained it very clearly.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:58 pm
The way I would do it, 80's;jazz;junk... in a browser search using 80's;jazz;junk will pull all then sort by rating or bpm..

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 1:16 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I am not using the browser search to find songs by genre, I am adding virtual folders.
But I am not sure how to tag them so that they will show in different virtual folders.
I would want my "acid jazz" songs to show in separate folders to my "acid" and my "jazz" songs.

But I can't find a way to tag them to make this happen.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 2:12 pm
genre contains "acid" => bring up all with acid (incl. acid-jazz, jazz-acid, acid...)
genre contains "acid jazz"
genre contains "...... etc etc etc

Did you try that?

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 5:11 am
Maybe the development team need to answer this.

What is the correct way to tag a track with multiple genres.

How do I separate the genres. Do I use a space, a comma, an apostrophe, a backslash.

Or, should you only give a track one genre.

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 10:10 am
You sound a little confused here, once you tag the files the way I suggested you then could find them and group them the way you need in the browser, then dragged them into your virtual folder...

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 1:27 pm
There is a bug report regarding genre separation.

It's with the development team. No timescale for a fix though.

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 2:26 pm
@joeyKJ, sorry I should have mentioned. It's a filter folder I am using. So I want to be able to give my songs various genres, and filter them accordingly. The problem I am having is this. If I tag a song "acid", another song "jazz", and a third song "acid jazz". When I create a filter folder I can get it to find acid, or jazz, or acid jazz, but not genres that contains both acid and jazz. The issue I'm having is really hard to explain, and I don't think I can put it into words, but thanks for your help.

@TEAMER, thanks for the reply. I know you guys are really busy at the minute. Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 4:16 am

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 12:52 pm
Hi All,
I tried "/" " / " "," ";" characters, and all of them keep being part of the string, aka not usable as separator for multiple Genre and Grouping tags. Is there any solution for this now since the issue raised?
Thanks for the answer in advance! :)

Mensajes Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 12:50 am
ZibiRControlleristMember since 2018
Try this:

Genre: Dance;Samba;Cha-cha-cha;Disco-Samba;Salsa

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 10:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)