Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Daft Funk VST by KlangLabs - mapping possible?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello there,

Daft funk is a vst and I think is great.
Here you can see the effect it produces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q04IMqojgLU

Does anybody know if there is a way to map it in virtual dj 8 in a way the use of the mouse is not necessary? Would be great the possibility to record the action you do with the mouse, then just trigger it whenever you want only pushing a button...or something like that :)

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 11:08 am
Anybody? :(

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 5:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No you can only map to VST dials and buttons.

Mensajes Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 7:35 am
It's interesting to see how an XY touchpad is implemented in the default touch screen skin, but VDJ can't record mouse or fader actions so doing that is out of the question.

Mapping a physical XY touchpad (i.e. Kaoss Pad) to control the onscreen touch skin one........I don't know.

Mensajes Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 7:50 am
Thank you for your answers guys.

I mapped it in a way that is triggered with a button, with some "pre"settings. Then the X (glitch acceleration) controlled with the pitch fader , and Y (LP filter) controlled with a knob.

The only problem is, that it does not work properly.
I turn on VirutalDj8, play a song, activate the effect...and it works. No problems. Then if I deactivate it, I activate another effect and then I activate it again...it doesn't work anymore.
You can move the cursor around the VST GUI, click buttons and everything but no effect applied.

After some tests, I duplicated the DaftFunk.dll file and renamed it DaftFunk2.dll. The first one to be used on deck 1, the second one on deck 2.
That way, it gives less problems. It works but when I trigger it, Virtual Dj freeze/hangs for 1-2 seconds like it is going to crash (but it doesn't in the end).

Does anybody ever try it? Do you have the same problem or does it work for you?

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 6:11 am
Not even one person curious to see what kind of effect is delivered by Daft Funk VST?
That way you could test it and see if you get a similar problem like I'am having, or if it works fine for you. :)

Mensajes Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 5:56 am
Tried it, it seems a bit glitchy, VSTs aren't perfect. Too much of a faff, even for me.

So you've mapped to FX sliders 2, 9 & 11, 2 controls the gate(wet dry) 9 controls Y axis and 11 controls Z
Works as I'd expect here.

Mensajes Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 11:34 pm
Yes, sliders are as you wrote (only X instead of Z eheh).

Mmmmh...so it does not give you problems...that's interesting.

What version of Windows are you using?
Do you maybe know if there is another effect/plug-in/vst that sounds something like that?

PS:
When I have time I am going to post a video of the problem I am having

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 4:29 pm
You need to slider the gate (slider 2) holding the mouse down opens the gate, since your not using the mouse you need to open it another way.

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 8:50 am
Hi Locodog!

Yes, you are right.
But when I wrote "I mapped it in a way that is triggered with a button, with some pre-settings" I also meant that.

Slider 2 is well set.
That way, when I click the button, the effect is triggered like a loop (like I would press the mouse and not moving it). Then I can control the effect with the pitch fader and with a knob.
I will post my mapping.

When I open Virtual Dj, the first time I use DaftFunk it really works well. The problem is later, after I use other effects or I use it on another deck. Doesn't matter if I use the mouse or the controller. :(
I will post a video when I will have time, so you can really see the weird behavior.

Mensajes Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 5:02 am
Here I am again! XD
Hi Locodog!

This is the problem I am facing: https://youtu.be/_ei4sLnY6-Q
Same problem on desktop PC and laptop.

Did you say you have not this problem? What Windows' version are you using?

Mensajes Thu 14 May 15 @ 6:07 am
Not a clue.

Mensajes Thu 14 May 15 @ 12:20 pm
Me again, ahah!

Sorry to bother you again locodog, but what OS do you use and which version?
Thanksss!
Does anybody maybe tried it in the meanwhile?

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 2:22 am
Win 7 HP 32b on a machine that defies logic that it still works.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 3:22 pm
I am back!
Daft Funk have worked well since an update of Virtual DJ and still running well with Virtual DJ2020.
BUT I never mentioned that the "ramp delay effect" is missing when the VST is mapped and you control it with the consol (Pioneer ddj sx).

When the VST is used with its GUI (touch screen or mouse), dragging cursor around the GUI get you that sort of "ramp delay" effect as long with the glitch acceleration and the LP filter.
You can clearly hear the "ramp delay" in the following video: https://youtu.be/_ei4sLnY6-Q).

Why is that? I don't see any way to activate/use the "ramp delay" effect in the VST so it cannot be mapped. How is that possible?
Should I ask the developer if a button in the VST GUI can be added?

At the moment the VST is still mapped it in a way that is triggered with a button of my consolle, with some "pre"settings (to have the sliders set where I want them to be). Then I control the X (glitch acceleration) with the pitch fader , and Y (LP filter) with a knob.

Any help would be very appreciated!
This is a nice VST and it deserve to work if possible! :D

Mensajes Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 3:32 pm
This might help:

Daft Funk is a "Glitch accelerator".
Features:
X-Y panel: X controls speed, Y controls LowPass Filter and volume optionally.
Mode: "Pitched" means the wave will be resampled as speed is being modulated; "Grainy" means the wave will not change pitch but the grains will change size as speed is being modulated.
Sync mode: "BPM" or "Free".
Note subdivision selector.
Y->Vol (Y value to Volume) button.
Zero - X: Useful only in "Grainy" mode; this parameter is useful to avoid clicks, but if you want to go very fast you better untick this option, otherwise you'll hear an artifact in where the pitch transitions aren't smooth on very high frequencies.
X and Y spring buttons: Enable disable spring release on them.
Smooth knob: This smoothes out the X and Y values, high values result on slow response to quick movements, useful to make slow sweeps such as on one famous Daft Punk song.
Grain size knob: When in "Free" mode (opposed to BPM) you can specify the grain size here.

Slider1: unknown (?)
Slider2: Gate
Slider3: Grain size
Slider4: "K" button logo you find on the right upper corner (it just flips)
Slider5: switch between “grainy” and “pitched” (until 50% = pitched)
Slider6: smooth knob
Slider7: switch between BPM and FREE ( BPM = +50%)
Slider8: starting loop beat size (20% = ¼)
Slider9: X-axis
Slider10: Button "X spring back" (if less than 100% it brings the pointer to the very left of the X-axis)
Slider11: Y-axis
Slider12: Button "Y spring back" (if less than 100% it brings the pointer to the very bottom of the Y-axis)

_________
Mapping I use for the button that trigger the VST
effect_active 1 "Daft Funk" & effect "Daft Funk" slider 1 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 2 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 3 25% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 4 50% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 5 40% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 6 40% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 7 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 8 20% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 9 50% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 10 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 11 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 12 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 13 100% & effect "Daft Funk" slider 14 0% & effect_show_gui

Mensajes Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 5:53 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Some missing ones in previous description - even used in the script

Slider1: "K" KlangLabs logo you find on the right upper corner (it just rotates smoothly) maybe some sort of dry/wet
Slider4: "K" button logo you find on the right upper corner (it just flips) makbe some bypass
Slider13: Button "Y->Vol"
Slider14: Button Cross-X "ZeroCrosspoint"

this away everything is mapped

Mensajes Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 12:47 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Some missing ones in previous description - even used in the script

Slider1: "K" KlangLabs logo you find on the right upper corner (it just rotates smoothly) maybe some sort of dry/wet
Slider4: "K" button logo you find on the right upper corner (it just flips) makbe some bypass
Slider13: Button "Y->Vol"
Slider14: Button Cross-X "ZeroCrosspoint"

this away everything is mapped

Nice! Thanks Nicotux!
Have you tried it? Do you get the same issues?

Mensajes Mon 04 Nov 19 @ 7:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)