Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Switch user in Windows 7 = black vdj 8 window when coming back

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

awangiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,
I'm using Windows 7 64b on a laptop with graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6470M (please don't laugh; it works properly usually lol) and facing an awkward issue:
- Start VDJ 8
- Windows Start button (or windows key + L) > Switch user
- Select another user
- wait 15 min
- Switch again back to your original user profile
RESULT: The profile loads but the Virtual DJ 8 window is totally black. No way to make it appear, move it and minimize / maximize it doesn't change anything

Thanks for looking into this when you have a moment ;)
Alex

Mensajes Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 10:35 am
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Why do you need to change user while your are djing?

Mensajes Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 5:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had that happening too, but for me VDJ crashed.
So I reported the crash and it was fixed. But it sounds like the issue is not ironed out completely.

Mensajes Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 4:58 am
vjmundy wrote :
Why do you need to change user while your are djing?

For security purposes my screensaver starts after a few minutes of inactivity and it's set to return to user login page when activity is detected. That's how I found out about the issue initially when I logged back in then I discovered the same thing happens when I switch user on purpose.

And I'm not only using virtualdj during gigs; I also practice with it from time to time at home and keep it opened on the computer so when another user connects to it I get the problem.

Please focus on the problem at this stage as I do not believe my motivations behind switching user on a computer are relevant to report an issue; I just found a problem under this specific circumstances and thought it would be a good idea to report it. I get the point I can work around the problem by not switching user and disabling the screen saver on the computer but that remains a workaround, not a fix ;)

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:51 am
Well the thing is.......VDJ is designed for use by one person. That's in the T&C of the license.

When installed and used by the license holder/administrator then it should work fine.

Continuing to work when another user is logged in would be against the EULA. The screensaver/lock aspect sounds like an issue though.

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 8:19 am
Still experiencing the issue even with one user:

1) Open VDJ and start a video
2) Lock my computer (Win + L)
3) wait a few minutes
4) unlock by entering my password
5) Screen is completely black, an no way I can get VDJ to appear in there.

The only solution is to close VDJ 8.2 and re-open it...not very convenient in the middle of a set after going to the bathroom for example :)

Note the song still plays up to the end, even if the screen is black...

I used to get the same result when unplugging the power cord from my laptop; but I've set it the the Windows Advanced battery setup to still force use my High performance graphic card (NVIDIA) even if running on the battery and it resolved that part. But I still get the issue after locking my laptop.

Let me know if you'd like me to share specific settings values or computer specs.

Mensajes Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 6:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)