Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ 8 & Gemini G4V - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Having difficulty mapping my Gemini G4V with Virtual DJ 8. Are there any forum posts or tips on how to do this? Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 10:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Gemini G4V is natively supported in both version 7 and 8 and no special file/mapping is required.

What exactly is the issue (if any) and how exactly do you need to map the device ?

Mensajes Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 4:31 am
Ok so I figured out the mapping. I just needed to download the newer version, however i'm having difficulty with the audio settings...

How should I configure the g4v when hooking up w/ RAC through a stand alone mixer?

Also how about just through my headphones? Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 12:44 am
Hi where dowload the new version mapping for g4v ?

Mensajes Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 6:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you have done the latest firmware update to your Gemini, you will need this mapping file for version 7... http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16313/Gemini_G4V.html
however its only available for Pro Full (Infinity) users.
Version 8 doesnt require this file.

If your Gemini came with VirtualDJ LE, then register its keycode (serial) to your Account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html (My Licenses tab) , download and install the latest LE version available. It should include the latest mapping files as well.
The mapping files (available from the link above) are required only for version 7 Pro Full users.

Mensajes Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 9:58 am
cerwincPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi Gents
Anyone can assist me with setting up my Gemini G4V on VDJ8
The LED lights dont come on, but they work fine on VD LE

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 5:26 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 5:43 am
cerwincPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Have already updated
works perfect on LE and Version7Pro, but not on vdj8
totally lost here

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 12:00 pm
Are you using any custom mappers / definition files for the device ?
Our sample unit works perfectly here and all leds turn on as expected....

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 1:53 pm
sfilyLE userMember since 2013
Hi, also my gemini g4v doesn't work with virtual dj 8. I've updated at the last firmware and install all mappers and devices, but work only the mixer of the gemini,the "cdj" of the console don't work, the lights too. Does anyone has an answer for my problem? thanks

Mensajes Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 12:43 pm
It's real simple guys, I finally figured it out. Make sure you have all the updates. There is two ways to do setup up your G4V/ G2V. Go to the "Audio Settings". One method is when you want it come out of your laptop/pc aka "Speaker Only option" speakers (I think with headphones hooked up as well) or the "Speaker + Headphone option" in the "Output menu".

For sound out of your "laptop speakers or pc speakers only":
1.Go to " Audio".
2. In "Output", click on "Speaker Only".
3. In "Card", click on "Internal Soundcard"
4. Make sure "Source" says "master" and "SoundCard" says "G4V/G2V WASAPI" or something like that lol. *If you want to hear thru headphones just go under "Source" and click under "master" on "--new--" and select "headphones" and repeat step 4.*

For sound out of your "Speakers and headphones":
1.Go to " Audio".
2. In "Output", click on "Speaker + Headphone".
3. In "Card", click on "Gemini G4V/ G2V"
4. Make sure "Source" says "master" and "SoundCard" says "G4V/G2V WASAPI" or something like that lol. *If you want to hear thru headphones just go under "Source" and click under "master" on "--new--" and select "headphones" and repeat step 4.*

Mensajes Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 4:42 pm
ecoleyLE userMember since 2015
Why cant i get my g4v to operate correctly with vdj 8 pro? Cant get the decks2/4 to play sound out, theyre playing just no sound ! Problems with headphones too ! This all works perfectly on vdj le and vdj 7 pro so im totally lost ! Anyone know all settings ?

Mensajes Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 4:35 am
What's your sound setup ? Can you post a screeshot of config window ?

Mensajes Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 11:15 am
So does anyone really know how to get my G4v to work on vdj8?

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 9:42 pm
When I get a chance I will take a screenshot of my gemini g4v setup. I dont mind. Just give me time to post. I work M-F hahahaha.

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 7:26 pm
Here you guys go....here is my setup

Mensajes Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 8:12 pm
hi can anyone help me in mapping the gemini g4v ..... what i want is when i select the sample button and press button 1 i want the beatgrid effect to be selected and then the normal, to activate it theres already an fx button on top. thats ok, just to select the effects fast... so there are eight sample buttons so each effect on each button.

thanks for the help

Mensajes Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 5:17 pm
jkrazHome userMember since 2016
Hey so i have a g2v and it keeps showing up as a g4v. The mapping is super messed up and basically all of the left side of the controller isnt working right. Is there a way I can easily put the correct mapping onto this controller? I am new to all of this and have no clue how to map out the controller the correct way

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 10:38 pm
1) Go on "Documents\VirtualDj\Devices" and delete all xml files related to your unit(s)
2) Do the same on "Documents\VirtualDj\Mappers" folder
3) Download the latest version of the software from here http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
You should be able to use your controller properly now.

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 7:14 am
jkrazHome userMember since 2016
So I did all that. Basically buttons are still jumbled everywhere. The right tempo slider does not work, the left gain-filter do not work, but the booth/master/fx/slip knobs control the different pitches and what not. It also continues to recognize the g2v as a g4v..Is there just a controller map layout that I can download and if there is where and how do I apply it to this controller.

Mensajes Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 12:17 am
54%