Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Bad feelings with 1280 x 800 resolution

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,
I attach a screenshot of latest VDJ8 with 1280 x 800 resolution (MacBook Pro 13''). IMHO, it's quite difficult to see to details of the top part of the skin (song info, top menus, etc.). In general, the look is a bit blurry.
Could you please have a lot at it?

Thanks in advance

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 11:19 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 4:08 pm
locodog wrote :
http://www.quickmedical.com/images/sku/tnails_250/17405.jpg ?

Wow. Really impressive joke. You must be exhausted.
And now, any useful comment?

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 6:31 am
In VDJ 7 skins were designed for the exact resolution required, and Atomix told us not to use larger/smaller skins because it caused problems.

Now in VDJ 8 skins are only available in 1920 x 1080 which means that on smaller screens text and graphics are often too small and/or blurred.

At present the choices are:
Use a VDJ 7 skin designed for 1280 x 800 (you may have to rewrite some XML code)
Resize a VDJ 8 skin (no tools available and results probably won't be as sharp as the original)

It seems Atomix (or at least some skinners) now realise that the VDJ 8 "one size fits all" idea doesn't work as well as expected - but whether we'll ever see skinners go back to the old method of offering multiple resolutions.............who knows?

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 6:52 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
All of my MBP's are 1280x800, and yes I feel like this one size fits all thought is not working. I had to go through some of the skins myself and manipulate settings to get things to sit/appear well. (Changing HEADPHONE text to PHONES since it was cut off, etc.)

Not everyone has 1920x1080 resolutions or retina displays. I understand the skinning engine so I could probably re-do a bunch of these, however time is one thing that I don't have unfortunately.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 7:40 am
Thanks 4 your comments.
I've tried with an old VDJ7 1280 x 800 skin, and again the images (buttons, knobs) are blurry when VDJ 8 renders them :(
As far as I know, this is not an XML issue, am I right?

Regards

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 9:06 am
Do these blurry 7 skins look sharp in VDJ 7 on the same laptop(s)?

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 9:45 am
Yes, same laptop. I've tried with 2 skins:

* Built-in standard VDJ 7 4 decks 1280x800
* Specific design for controller Vestax VCI-400 1280x800

In VDJ7 images are sharp. In VDJ8 images are blurry. I suppose texts size and position can be fixed in XML, but I don't know if I can fix the images issue

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 10:07 am
ISTR there's a graphics quality setting on Macs (in the OS) that was affecting some users when 8 first came out.

See here

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 10:22 am
Hi, thanks again for your help.
As stated in last comment of your link "I looked around and also confirmed with Apple that the settings are not adjustable as they are on the PC."
I've also been looking, and nothing similar on Mac.

:(

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 10:32 am
I'll have to +1 this thread because I'm in the same boat.

I appreciate the fact that I can increase font size in the browser, but I'm still squinting to see all the small text in the upper half of the screen (most importantly what key the current song is in).

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:08 pm
Di you guys ever find a solution to this? i tried using a VDJ7 skin but the bars/waves end up becoming just long solid bars of red and blue. i cant beat match or scratch since the details are gone. The VDJ7 skin however seems to hold but with poor visibility at the top. Anyone help out mac users 13" or recommend a skin that will work best without systems?

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 5:15 pm
The waves showing as solid bars is a Mac specific problem. I think the skin needs some small modifications to bring the code up to date.

Which skin is it?

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 6:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)