Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Page: 8

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Yes, VirtualDj 8 works with Pioneer DDJ SX 2

Mensajes Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:02 am
Jonto86PRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've just tried it on the demo version and it works but my hot cues are all blue for some reason is this norm?

Mensajes Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 12:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ doesnt support colored Hotcues yet. This may be added in the near future. You could color the PADS to whatever color you want of course, but you will not be able to see those colors on the Skin, so since this would not be much helpful, we left them to a single color for now.

Mensajes Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 3:35 pm
Oh cool how do I change the colours then I don't mind not see ing them on the skin just the controller :-)

Mensajes Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 5:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Page 6 of this topic. 1st post of mine

Mensajes Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 5:13 pm
WOW I'm lost lol

Mensajes Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 1:17 am
EDIT: Now working as expected, nothing changed just restarted VDJ 3 times since last test... No insallation updates!!! WEIRD!

Hey All, Just got SX2 Tuesday.

Had first gig Saturday just gone and found a BUG not already mentioned.
LoadSecurity option is not being obeyed when SX2 connected.

I have LoadSecurity set to yes.
When controller is connected and a song playing on Deck (A/1) i can load a track on top using controller load and physically drag and drop track from browser with no warning prompt.

Tested without controllerconnected and works as expected, warning prompt appears
Will keep testing and hopefull giving useful BUG information
Cheers

Mensajes Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 6:15 am
@MB, what skin are you using when experiencing this?

There was an issue with the security caused by having layered dropzones on skins, which was supposed to be fixed in a later build.

If the skin only has one dropzone per deck then it shouldn't apply.

Mensajes Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 7:13 am
groovindj wrote :
@MB, what skin are you using when experiencing this?

There was an issue with the security caused by having layered dropzones on skins, which was supposed to be fixed in a later build.

If the skin only has one dropzone per deck then it shouldn't apply.

Using the default VDJ8 Skin, 2 deck setting.
And as off last night i have to retract my fixed statement, happened again and couldn't get a workaround.
Worked very carefully last night lol

:)

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 7:43 am
Hi Guys,

i am looking to buy a DDJ SX or DDJ SX2.

ideally i would like to be able to use the rock solid VDJ7.4 as well as VDJ8 when the bugs get ironed out.

is it possible to use the DDJ SX2 with VDJ7.4? are there current good mappers for it (ones that compliment the layout and functions presented on the hardware)?
or am i going to have to opt for the DDJ SX? also is there native mappers already built in to VDJ7.4 for this model?

I'm probably going over old ground here guys and i genuinely apologise but i feel more puzzled now than i did when i first started looking into this.

VDJ8 has been good but also had some issues with it crashing hence the reason to be able to use VDJ7.4.

thanks in advance for your help with this.

Iain

Mensajes Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 9:55 am
DDJ SX works on VDJ7.4.1 as I have used it
DDJ SX2 doesn't, but I havnt tried it, just what I have been told

Mensajes Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 10:33 am
No-one has created a SX2 mapper for VDJ 7.x and Atomix won't be doing it. They have said it's up to the community to provide one.

I have been using the SX2 with VDJ8 since it came out, and apart from the slightly inaccurate gain levels it's been rock solid. Must be something to do with your laptop or configuration causing the crashing as VDJ8 is very stable now.

Keith

Mensajes Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 2:01 pm
Hi guys
Thanks for your input.
Keith, I'm running a MacBook pro that's well spec'd and very stable.
Truth be told vdj8 crashes once. All I had to do was delete the setup file and reload and it worked again.
Just conscious that DDJSx can run well on either version of the software so ultimately should be more stable/reliable.
Would be great to get sx2 working on 7.4. I'm sure there must be a lot of guys out there wishing this. Just wish I had the knowledge to put the mapper together.
Cheers
Iain

Mensajes Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 2:17 pm
Ah, sorry, I was talking about VDJ8 on Windows. From what I have read the Mac version still has some issues with stability.

Mensajes Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 3:03 pm
I think I will be going for the ddj sx. There doesn't seem to be much more on the sx2 to bother me.

Should I download any specific mapper files guys?

Iain

Mensajes Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 5:07 pm
Got this message below off a skin designer. Does that mean you are updating the mapper soon, as thats what i was told on a pm?

Yes we have been quiet for a bit, but this is only because we have been busy building skins

However, work has slowed down on the DDJ-SX2 skin, this is because the current map is not quite there yet. So for those waiting on this skin, as soon as the map is 100% the skin will follow shortly after it. To keep us busy during this time, we have started on a dedicated four deck video skin called Chroma, we will release some screenshots shortly.

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 1:24 pm
Hey guys,
Got the sx2. Lovely build etc so happy with that.
Tried it out with vdj8. Yes it kinda works but it's far from smooth operation. Led's still flashing and indicating a track is still playing when it's stopped is just an example.
I updated the firmware on the unit and VDJ is running the latest release so all good there.
I take it there are no device drivers on the pioneer site I need as when I looked I could only see them for Pc's.

Thanks again for your help.
Oh tried out Serato, in my eyes it doesn't come close to VDJ. Seems more focused on night club DJing. Search function is terrible.

Cheers
Iain

Mensajes Sat 11 Apr 15 @ 3:03 am
How do you switch off demo mode on the sx2?

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 5:40 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Not really sure but try to hold shift+play button while turn the ddj sx on to disable demo mode.

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 2:07 am
Page 23 of your SX2 manual.

You need to start the unit in "Change Settings Mode"
Hold down SHIFT+PLAY/PAUSE buttons on left side and power on the unit.
Release SHIFT+PLAY/PUSE
Press the "Autoloop" button on RIGHT side until the "LOOP 1/2" button is ON
Power off the unit.

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 2:27 am
56%