Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Beat preview

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I really miss the CDJ's function of short preview of track current posistion. I'm sure you know what i mean but to clarify, I'm talking about playling a really short loop beginning at the current posistion, when track is stopped and you start moving the jog wheel. It's much more precise then setting the cuepoint by eye and allows you to cut down your "looking at the laptop time".
I've tried scripting such function but 1/16 or 1/32 loop does not do the job well since the loop by it's nature has continues sound, and what i need to get beat preview is a short part of track (like 0.2s) played every 0.5sec.

So what are your thoughts, and is it possible?

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:29 am
It's called frame cue or frame search, because with CDs the audio is divided up into 75 frames per second and with early CD players that was the only way to "jog" backwards or forwards.

It's not possible to do this with VDJ.

Over time people have requested it, but it's never been implemented.

There's an old plugin that emulates it.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:43 am
That's too bad. I really miss this (funny because I've learned to play without this, since I've started on controller and serato and then switched to cdj).

But why are you saying it can't be done (emulated). It basically goes down to rapid pressing the CUE. I can see a problem for me to write such script in Vj script, but programmers?

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 12:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)