Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Bass x-fade

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

nuitskePRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi all,

I already started a topic about this in the general discussion section, but maybe this function can be added in vdj in the future.
I's the bass crossfade function that is known from decadance2.
In the general discussion section we are trying to map it, but no luck so far.
The following pictures show what the function does. Look at the crossfader and bass EQ knobs. The bass knobs move automatically when sliding the crossfader.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 10:38 am
It has been possible to crossfade bass, mid and top separately in VDJ for many years.

From the VDJScript page:
eq_crossfader_high : crossfade the treble between both decks.
eq_crossfader_low : crossfade the bass between both decks.
eq_crossfader_mid : crossfade the medium between both decks.

One very well known skin that features three crossfaders is Mixlab 3.1

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 11:33 am
I know, but it's not the same.
When you are beat mixing and the crossfader is in the middle, you have 200% bass. both bass knobs should be at half at that time. (see pictures)

greetings

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 12:24 pm
nuitske wrote :
the crossfader is in the middle, you have 200% bass.

Eh? Where do you get that idea from?

With the crossfader in the centre, you get a 50/50 mix of the signals from the left channel and the right channel. 50+50 = 100% total.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 12:34 pm
Ok. Lets talk the same levels :p

When the crossfader is in the middle you have two decks playing at full level. So if you have two identical bass waves (beat mix) the output is double bass.
Good dj's adjust this by either killing one decks bass or turning the two decks basses down a bit. This is not the same as crossfading the bass level.
De bass x-fade tool does this automatically. (Good for smalltime dj's like me)

Am I making some sense here :p . It seems like its a topic that isn't that simple to explain :D

Greetings

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 1:04 pm
nuitske wrote :
if you have two identical bass waves (beat mix) the output is double bass.
Good dj's adjust this by either killing one decks bass or turning the two decks basses down a bit.

No it's not double bass (or double anything) when the crossfader is central. It's a 50/50 mix. The total output is the same level*.

If you turn down the bass then you have a total output which has less bass than it should (compared to all other frequencies).

The bass crossfader keeps the overall level of bass equal because it's always a 100% mix of the two channels and it's the same level as other frequencies.

Doing it the way you describe means that the bass is lower than all other frequencies.

* usually the case with a standard crossfader curve. Other curves may differ slightly.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 1:32 pm
I still have my doubts.
When playing two the same songs in both decks with eq_crossfader_low enabled. I still get allot more bass with the crossfader in center position then playing only one deck.

Thx for all the input. I'm gonne test some more to figure this out ;)

Greetings

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 2:41 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was following your other thread about eq cf, and I do understand what you meant by saying "double bass".

In the other thread you suggested something with param_multiply. Did you test it yet?

Maybe after the param_invert add & param_mulitply 50%

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 3:37 am
I tried that but with no luck. the crossfader only moved for 50% :)

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 12:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)