Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Numark NS7 sound distortion

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a Numark NS7 controller and a Virtual DJ V8 Pro (with license). When I use VDJ8 with may Mac Book Pro w/ OSX V 10.8.5, the sound comes very distorted, as if the controller has not been so good installed. When you try to set up the controller, the "Numark NS7" option appear as a "card", but you can't select it (it doesn't highlight as "gray", as if it were selected). I've contacted the Numark customer service, and they insisted me to contact Virtual DJ and only suggested me to download the driver of the NS& for Mac Book. I don't know what to do and I'm afraid not to have a solution, since I've been trying so long. Could someone help me? PS: when using the SeratO Itch from Numark, the sound is OK, so the problem is really with the VDJ8.

Mensajes Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 8:27 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can get the latest driver for your OS here: http://www.numark.com/product/ns7

Part way down on the right you will see "Downloads". Make sure you choose the right Mac OS driver. 10.9-10.10 is the top one and "Mac OSX Driver v2.2.6" should be for 10.8 and less. I don't use Mac, but I do have an NS7.

For my Friend's NS7 2, we had to set this:

Applications-->Utiltiies-->Audio Midi Setup-
Select the NS7, and click on the Configure Speakers button.
Choose the Quadrophonic (4 speakers) from the Multichannel tab
Press Apply, Done.

Not sure it that applies to you, but that had to be done.

Mensajes Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 11:30 am
Just sold mine because the sound would mess up after a few minutes and then it kept showing up as a Numark 4 trak. Wouldn't even show up in SDJ, Bob was supposed to get back to me about it but that was a month ago. So it sat collecting dust not making me money so it's gone now.

Mensajes Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 6:33 pm
Guys, thank U so much for your attention. I'll check the drivers issue. I have downloaded the Numark_NS7_Driver_3.2.0. But what should I do with this file?

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 9:56 pm
Open it and run "set-up" or some executable file? Confirm the updated driver by opening the Numark Control Panel with the NS7 running? I don't run Mac so thats all I can suggest, good luck.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 6:52 am
I'll try that. Thank U for your answer!

Mensajes Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 4:43 pm
Using those drivers is when everything went to hell, got so bad that I sold my NS7!!

DjDad was supposed to get back to me but that was about a month and still nothing. I don't have to sit around and wait for a fix so it got ditched.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 6:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Huey, you should check your Skype every once in a while instead of posting the same complain over and over whevever u get the chance.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 11:33 pm
I‘ve got a Mac and NS7II to. Before Xmas the driver Version 3.2 for mac was not good for Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10) but suddenly 3.2 was good for 10.10 with the same driverno. 3.2. Ok...
I'm currently using a mac min with OS X 10.9 to be sure...
VDJ 8 works fine BUT when in use the platters with running motors the sound is not clear. There are breaks and wobbling and so on. When i switch of the motors everything is ok!
I was in contact with VDJ for a support chat (like they suggested to me). But there was no way to find somebody to chat with me... So i‘m alone again... :-(

Mensajes Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 7:58 am
is this a broken link? doesn't do anything when I click it.
My problem is that my Mic/Aux inputs do nothing on my NS7 with Virtual DJ8
Any help?

DHoude wrote :
You can get the latest driver for your OS here: http://www.numark.com/product/ns7

Part way down on the right you will see "Downloads". Make sure you choose the right Mac OS driver. 10.9-10.10 is the top one and "Mac OSX Driver v2.2.6" should be for 10.8 and less. I don't use Mac, but I do have an NS7.

For my Friend's NS7 2, we had to set this:

Applications-->Utiltiies-->Audio Midi Setup-
Select the NS7, and click on the Configure Speakers button.
Choose the Quadrophonic (4 speakers) from the Multichannel tab
Press Apply, Done.

Not sure it that applies to you, but that had to be done.

Mensajes Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 6:39 pm
That Numark link works, I just clicked on it. To use the mic & aux with the NS7 go into Master ( center panel of the skin ) and click Mic "ON".

Mensajes Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 7:16 pm
DJECoast wrote :
That Numark link works, I just clicked on it. To use the mic & aux with the NS7 go into Master ( center panel of the skin ) and click Mic "ON".

Thanks. I tried this. But the "On" button won't stay lit. And the Mic Volume doesn't reflect my actual knob. -Does nothing. Mic and AUX still not working. I downloaded the latest firmware from Numark. No difference.
I opened a ticket for this and they had no answer for me. Just said to consult the VDJ PDF manual or contact Numark. What a cop-out crap reply that was. ;(

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 7:43 pm
Ok, got my Mic/Aux working finally. (Thanks to DJECoast, and no thanks to VDJ Staff) I had to manually enable it in the sound card settings and on the main setting of the skin. Now the only problem that still exists, is the sound distortion as noted at the beginning of this thread. Using the Numark NS7, when playing a track, the music has minute "drags" or taps on the track. If I turn the turntable motor off, it smooths right out. But the whole point of using the NS7 is for the motorized platter/vinyl simulation. Must be some kind of platter movement sensitivity issue or something. If I could fix this issue, I would continue to use VDJ8 at my gigs. Until then, I'm afraid I will have to continue using Serato DJ. Any Ideas out there?

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 6:42 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been having similar issues with my NS7iii as well. It's as if someone is holding the platter for a second or 2, and then the music resumes where it would have been as in a "roll"
It's not just the sound cutting out though because you can distinctly hear the very slight slow down and speed up. As others say, shutting the motors off seems to help, but not completely sure that is true in my case. This does seem more like a hardware issue than a VDJ issue though.
I haven't tried updating drivers nor firmware because of the problems with the previous Numark updates causing some features (e.g. Dashboard) not to work. Maybe someone can tell me a particular version that takes care of the issues and doesn't disable my hardware.

Mensajes Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 3:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)