Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: VDJ 8 Song Search Problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have benn lucky up until now. VDJ8 has worked flawlessly for me but..... three weeks ago I had problems searching for songs. After about 30-60 mins i lose the ability to search. It starts with slower searching then as I type..... nothing.... it just says searching.... if i leave it for a few minutes then it sometimes appears but then eventually it just wont search. everything else works. tried it with content seasrch on and off, wifi on and off.... did a full wipe of the laptop last weekend and full re-install..... then last night did it again. right at the end when everyone wants their last request.... and i couldnt search for them.

I am a registered user, i5 laptop running windows 8.1.

I actually dont think its a vdj8 error but think it might be some 8.1 update thats thrown some stack out somewhere that when using vdj8 it doesnt reset and eventually overloads the search function and it stops as im recall many years ago i had to change some setting in XP as i had a similar problem.

Really need some help on this please?

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:40 am
Is your library on an internal or external drive?

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:52 am
external i think... i have tried re-adding songs to database with no luck either... i do use an external hd. i plug it in first, then start vdj8 so from what i have read it should read from the external drive and not the vdj folder in my docs..... is that correct?

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 8:42 am
External drives often have a sleep mode which causes the drive to stop spinning after a certain time period.

If the drive is in constant use though, that shouldn't happen. The sleep time should be longer than the time it takes to play a typical track.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 8:47 am
dont think the drives gets time to sleep.... its in use all night as music is quite random and always changing the playlist with request..... well, when the search works....

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 8:50 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
had something similar a few weeks ago. I unplugged the external device a plugged it again ... and had no issues that night
remember that is was USB 3.0 i am using
please check your USB Powersaving setting in your OS and deactivate it.
Also make sure that your external hd has no "build-in" powersaving feature on the hd´s controller
If so you can use a freeware tool called nosleep HD to test
http://nosleephd.codeplex.com/

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 8:51 am
Same problem here, I am a registered user and I love VDJ 8, we also run the karaoke through the program and when it is working it is great. Problem is at a random moment, the search engine just stops working, everything else is fine. At that point I usually have to look up songs manually by going to their folders and then loading into playlist from there. Only solution that worked for me is (X) ing out of VDJ 8 and restarting the program in the middle of a show, does not go over so well. Any solution to this problem would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 8:15 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Using also a external hdd ?

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 1:12 pm
I am using an external hard drive, it is a glyph 3TB studio with 3.0 usb cable. The drive runs extremely fast and doesn't sleep. using the same drive on my home pc and never had an issue. Although the home pc is not used for 3 to 5 straight hours though. The reason I spent the money on these Glyphs was to prevent things like this, so I am not sure if it is in the software for VDJ8 or if it is in the laptop or external drive.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 4:05 pm
I have had a problem recently where my new songs are not showing up in virtual dj8 when i search for them in my computer they come up but when i search for them in vdj the don't show up at all. I've looked to see where they are in my computer database and made sure that it is added to the search but they still dont show up

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:26 pm
hi I recently went to use a MacBook pro 2015 for my vdj8 and when I plug my hard drive in it shows the icon in the browser menu on the left hand side but when I click it nothing happens , so I downloaded vdj7 my hard drive shows up like it does in vdj8 but as soon as I click on it all my music folders show but that doesn't happen in vdj8 not sure if theres a setting that needs to be turned on please help IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP TO FIGURE IT OUT AS I HAVE A GIG THIS WEEKEND THANKS ALOT ...by the way I am a registered vdj8 member.

Mensajes Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 3:15 pm
Has anyone found a solution to this? I do not use an external drive and this has been happening to me for quite some time. I have also switched from a PC to a Mac with a brand new install of VDJ8 only to have the same problem. My library is huge, but sometimes I don't have the problem and sometimes I do. Sometimes it happens in mid performance, and sometimes it happens at startup, and I'd have to exit and restart VDJ until it magically works. I'm confused as to what can cause this...???

Mensajes Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 4:29 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)