Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Intel HD 4600 -- Reliable for HD Video Mixing?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So, I'm building my music video library and working on adding video to my mobile DJ services in the near future. However, my Lenovo Y550p is now 6 years old and has a dead HDMI port -- so it's time to get something new. I realize the recommended configuration is a discrete, dedicated GPU, but there are some very attractive sales on powerful laptops with Intel HD Graphics 4600 only. My question is -- is the HD 4600 a reliable GPU for 720p or 1080p video mixing with Virtual DJ? Does anyone use it *regularly* for their gigs? How about anyone using ANY model of Intel HD graphics? I'm hoping some people can comment on real-world experience with it... we all know what's "bettter" or "worse" on a spec sheet doesn't always translate to the real world.

Thanks in advance! - Jim

Mensajes Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 1:38 pm
Yo Jim, I've been using the Intel 4600HD for nearly three years now without a problem. Frankly, I think it works outstanding, and can't figure why some need a fancy graphics card. I'm using an Asus X750JB with the Intell 4700HQ processor. I feel a strong processor is the key. Although I run 30FPS on the skin and the vid, I can run the skinFPS and the vidFPS both at 60, and the CPU hovers around 20%. Cheers......

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 9:20 am
Thanks for the feedback mrgrumpy1 ... I found a refurb HP Envy 15 with an i7-4700HQ for $400. I think I'm gonna pick it up!

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 4:57 pm
Good for you Jim, don't know much about the lappy, but the 4700 and 4600 will do you well.:)

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 7:58 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)