Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: sort order in iTunes playlists not displaying correctly in VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

After the latest iTunes update (12.2.1.16 on MacOS) I noticed that the sort order of songs in iTunes playlists are not shown correctly in VDJ.

For example I have set the sort order of the "recently added" playlist to "added" and descending, so that the latest songs are on top. However VDJ always shows it the other way round (latest song is at the bottom). Selecting "original sort order" does not change anything.

Looks like a bug, or something changed in iTunes with the latest update and VDJ is not yet prepared to read it correctly.

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 5:58 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
VDJ is reading the original added order, there's no bug here.

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 8:37 pm
"Original Sort Order" means to my understanding the sort order that the original iTunes playlist is in. When I have a desending order in iTunes, VDJ should show it.

Also I am sure that it worked some weeks ago with the older iTunes version.

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:58 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
locodog wrote :
VDJ is reading the original added order, there's no bug here.

I am afraid you are incorrect on this if he using the new 12.2+. 12.1 worked fine (the way you describe). But tried the new iTunes 12.2.1 and they do not display correctly for me either.

Apple must have changed something. Thing is, people here have pointed to Apple, who did technically "cause" the issue with their new piece of trash iTunes. But updating iTunes is inevitable if you want to sync your phone when IOS 9 comes out. So someone has to fix something. Or maybe should I say, adapt

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Meh I don't use itunes, & I don't use playlists, If v8 is showing the files in the order you added them, then I'd say it's working.
In all honesty if a 3rd party software updates as much as itunes does I wouldn't touch it.

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 2:39 am
I only use lists for organization, not to auto play my night. It is also hard to argue the fact that iTunes can batch tag anything and playlists work with evey major software out there. Plus I can sync some emergency lists to my phone for an emergency only back up.

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 2:48 pm
I am using iTunes to buy and organise my music. Also to sync with my iOS devices. For me its a good helper tool for VDJ.

I would appreciate any word from the developers, if we can expect a fix/adaption for this issue.

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 4:50 pm
Just checked if with the new iTunes version 12.2.2.25 this issue has changed. It didnt.

Still the order of iTunes playlists are not shown correctly in VDJ. Would be great if this could be addressed.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 4:26 pm
Strange, I work with the same Itunes version, but El Capitan 10.11 (version 3). Just checked to be sure, but playlist in Itunes works perfect.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 7:16 pm
Did you try to change the sort order of any playlist in iTunes and then have a look (after reloading the iTunes library in VDJ) if the change is visible there too?

I have sorted the recently added playlist descending, so the latest songs are on top. VDJ always shows it the other way round.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 7:43 pm
You are right. I always use the manual order, so I never realized it before. When you change something in the manual sorting, and save, VDJ8 shows this good in the playlist. But when you change this to another order method in Itunes (eg ascending on name), it is saved in Itunes, but not in VDJ.
But if I want an ascending list on name, or BPM, I always set this in VDJ. My playlist in VDJ, created in Itunes is always the manual order. So I'm not sure this is a bug in VDJ. Maybe Itunes wants only to save the manual sorting, and all the other methods you can do it yourself in VDJ. It's more like a filter to sort. If you change again your sorting method to manual in Itunes, you directly go to the same list as VDJ.
I think it's another approach from Apple, not a bug in VDJ.
For me it's ok, I want VDJ to always sort on the manual order.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 9:52 pm
I would like it to not be reverse order from iTunes. The competition just released their iTunes fixes today...

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 1:00 am
Over a year later, wondering if we can have a fix for this reverse order issue. iTunes obviously is not going to change it back.

I can provide screen shots but I think this has some well documented history. I just dislike scrolling to the bottom of every "top 100" (to get to #1 or top 10) list made with iTunes. Hoping that now the more important issues seem to be handled in VDJ 8 that there will be time to fix this issue (admittedly created by iTunes).

Mensajes Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 2:40 pm
posting this here as well as in V8.2 as this is what search engine brought me to when i was looking for an answer to this problem:

Its actually easy to fix the seemingly random sort order - just right click on the titles bar and at the top there is a option to 'reset sort order' - when I click it my playlists revert to the origonal one from iTunes - no idea why this happens but it can be fixed easily Phew!

Mensajes Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 7:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)