Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Using an SX2 with another audio interface

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I had an unexpected problem at my gig tonight.

I took along a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 as a backup, but didn't want to use it's master output as I wanted to feed separate decks into my main hardware mixer.

I thought I would be able to use my Maya 44 as the output (VDJ set to external mixer) but use the SX2 as a controller for the VDJ decks.

I couldn't get it to work. Even though I had VDJ set to 'external mixer' and the Maya selected as the outputs, the sound still insisted on going into the SX2.

Should I be able to do this? Is there something amiss with VDJ?

Mensajes Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 2:56 am
Yeah doesn't right. I just did the same thing with my Maya44 and DJM 850.

I was able to output the sound out of the Maya44.

Could you post a screen shot of your audio config screen??

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 4:15 am
Yeah, I can do that later. I'm going to try the setup again on this PC (home desktop) and see what happens.

I did have one thought. I wondered if switching the mixer inputs away from 'PC' would help....

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 11:14 am
OK I tried it again with the same setup - laptop, Maya 44 and SX2. This time I managed to get it working the way it should (eventually).

I did discover that the meter LEDs on the SX2 work even if the actual audio is not routed to the SX2, which is disconcerting.

Also, there does seem to be an issue with the SX2 driver when the Maya is connected. If I try to reset the audio back to the SX2 it fails to initialize the driver.

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 4:39 pm
You ever got to the bottom of this Groovin??

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 5:32 pm
Yeah, read the post above yours!

Possibly at the gig I wasn't paying enough attention and assumed that the meters being active on the SX2 meant the Maya wasn't outputting. Can't be sure though, as I remember checking the signal (from the Maya output) on my mixer and there was nothing.

If I'm ever in the same boat again, I'll mess around a bit more. I do of course also have the option of just piping the SX2 master output into my mixer.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 7:11 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)